Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the native one was a little sluggish so tried Dolphin HD - it seemed snappy but when I try to type anything in the address bar the application closes down!

What are you using and what's it like?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Opera, I hate it on my pc, but it seems to run quite well on the tablets..

Chrome comes out soon I think..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be interested in Chrome - Never liked anything other than IE on my PC but love chrome now - An android version will be hopefully be as good!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was quite happily using Opera Mobile.

But upgraded to version 11.50 today and I don't know what they have done with it but is absolute rubbish now.

Sites aren't appearing correctly, settings menu disappears before you get a chance to adjust anything and random crashes.

I'm on GTABCOMB_b3.3_bl1.2

Tread carefully before upgrading. Others are complaining of problems too...

Grrr.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was quite happily using Opera Mobile.

But upgraded to version 11.50 today and I don't know what they have done with it but is absolute rubbish now.

Sites aren't appearing correctly, settings menu disappears before you get a chance to adjust anything and random crashes.

I'm on GTABCOMB_b3.3_bl1.2

Tread carefully before upgrading. Others are complaining of problems too...

Grrr.
Same problem here.

I managed to find the apk file from Opera 11.10 and that solved all of my problems.

http://sinfulandroid.com/applications-26/opera-mobile-web-browser-v11-10-apk-android-2181/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was also surprised by the instable upgrade of Opera (version 11.50). In my search for a stable browser (which supports flash), I installed the Maxthon browser, Miren, Dolphin and Firefox. After a short test, I decided to downgrade to Opera (version 11.10) since this browser gives me the best feeling on performance, resizing to the full screen and support for Flash.

All preferences are strictly personal of course.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

I just bought mine from Alternate.de and got it shipped here in greece - it's the 1653
currently in stock ROM and I installed the 11.50 opera version - got the 11.10 one on my galaxy ace and loved it

So far I haven't had serious problems,okay it did crash once,but I had 10-12 tabs open at the time.

And a question to you guys who have used the maxthon and dolphin browsers....the most valuable asset of the opera (as far as I'm concerned is) the auto-wrap of the text.Do the other browsers have something similar?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm a fan of Boat Browser Mini. It's clean, simple, and fairly fast. It makes good use of a tablet's real estate, and does a better job at displaying most sites than many browsers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've installed the Dolphin HD browser (I'm on stock firmware, installed it from the app center).

I like it's tab based, but websites seem to assume it's a mobile device when I'm using it.

Have to say, for light use, the stock browser seems fine for me, websites I go to seem to see it as normal, rather than mobile, platform.
Easily fixed by going to the 'more' tab, then settings, dolphin settings, user agent and changing option

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,

I still cannot - for the love of me - make opera mobile work with flash
I removed flash and opera and installed opera version 11.10 (not the rubbish 11.50 one) and experimented with flash 10.3 and 11 but with no luck
Additionally I also tried Maxthon and Dolhpin - still no luck

the only way I can view sites with flash is by using opera mini.
I've tried installing flash first,then the browser and vice versa but again no luck

Any suggestions?
(I'm running gtacomb)

Also in opera mini the toolbar is always displayed at the top - any ideas how to set it up to be displayed at the bottom?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed, Opera Mobile is the one for me at the moment. 11.10 version of course!

It isn't perfect as I find it a bit fussy about what flash it plays. DailyWh.at site video for example, doesn't want to work. However the tumblr version of it does.

Seems to have problems with embedded videos, if you go to the source site it plays fine. Anyone else noticed that?

Be interested in Chrome. Any recent news? This is the latest I can find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's a new Opera 11.52 version out.In the description it says it works fine with flash.
Gonna try it and post some feedback

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arrrrgh!
Again no luck!
I tried again with Flash 10.3 and Flash 11 but still no luck....
Also retried a new version Boat mini again with no results!!!!

Going back to Opera Mini

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm using Opera mobile, I need the 'Saved Pages' option for offline browsing, wanted to try Dolhin HD but it wouldn't let me install, doesn't appear in marketplace on the tab and says device not compatible on the PC?? Running Flashback 10.1 on my Hannspad HSG1164?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi i have just found a good browser called Ninesky it is like Google Chrome! it plays flash and is very fast i'm using Hannstitan v.04.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts