Android Tablets Forum banner

browser opens new window every time

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  justbishop 
#1 ·
only the last hour, my android browser on my apad opens a new window for every link I press. very annoying! i tried to reset the settings, but to no avail! someone familiar with this problem?

#2 ·
yes, it's a known(?) bug in RB 5.1Pressing the hardware menu button when the problem occurs solves it.(There's something quirky going on with that anyway. I'm writing a "bugreport" that I'll post in the RB5.1 threat. I'll add the link here)

#4 ·
No, just press the (hardware) menu button once (ehm, maybe twice to hide the menu again) and the behavior is gone.It seems as if the software sometimes "thinks" the menu button is pressed. (Nothing wrong with the real buttons)You see the behavior very well in an app called MySettings. When you open that and the problem is currently active, you'll see the programs menu bar go bezerk.

#6 ·
[quote name='McMadd;21980]No' date=' just press the (hardware) menu button once (ehm, maybe twice to hide the menu again) and the behavior is gone.It seems as if the software sometimes "thinks" the menu button is pressed. (Nothing wrong with the real buttons)You see the behavior very well in an app called MySettings. When you open that and the problem is currently active, you'll see the programs menu bar go bezerk.[/QUOTE']Ah, thanks! I'll try that the next time I'm on it

#7 ·
[quote name='McMadd;21980]You see the behavior very well in an app called MySettings. When you open that and the problem is currently active' date=' you'll see the programs menu bar go bezerk.[/QUOTE']i see that all the time in opera mini. didn't know what that was. but thanks for the solution to my problem!

#8 ·
Up to you but upgrade to 6.0 beta & issue has dissapeared for me, it was so frustrating on 5.1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.