Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be running comparison on various Android browsers. M003 users recognized that the 800x600 screen resolution offers the greatest experience for browsing on a tablet. Resolution Rulez! So I'm looking for the browser that can provide that desktop experience. If you find another browser, please let me know. Currently running Caffeine ROMThe site: Engadget Web BrowsersBrowser~ WNR (possible ROM problem)Dolphin~ "too many redirects" WNROpera mini~ won't zoom down, displays mobile version.Skyfire~ worksxScope G~ worksProcedureOpen home page for Engadget, scroll to bottom goto OLDER POST (page2).Time how long it takes for everything to load, completely. Timed 10 pages. Posted _minutes _seconds as _m _sRESULTSxScope GPg1 3m 10sPg2 2m 40sPg3 2m Pg4 2m 45sPg5 2m 44sPg6 3m 05sPg7 3m 06sPg8 3m 17sPg9 2m 50sPg10 3m 06sAverage 2m 51sSkyfirePg1 2m 53sPg2 2m 11sPg3 2m 13s Pg4 3m 10sPg5 2m 30sPg6 2m 20sPg7 2m 21sPg8 2m 55sPg9 2m 25sPg10 2m 43sAVERAGE 2m 34sWinner Skyfire about 10% faster

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Round 2I opened Yahoo news, loaded all advertisement and info. Then navigated to, and timed the 5 sites as loaded up. Browsers set to Desktop Agent.SPORTS-FootballTECHTECH-GadgetsTECH-Linux/Open SourceSCIENCE Time to load 5 Yahoo news sites in seconds.Opera Mini- Super zoomed, no desktop modeDolphin 335 Skyfire 332Android 292 (incorrectly rendered site, but did it quickly)xScope 291Difference of 1 to 10%Winner for viewing Yahoo pages:
xScope G

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone try out Steel or UCWeb browsers? Should I throw them in the mix, or are they lacking? Do you have another web browser benchmark site that works on most Android browser. I prefer view websites as Desktop, they way the M003 is designed to view, not some shrunken, mobile view.Interesting reading LINKHere is why you want to have ROOTED and SWAPPER set to max and swappiness to 100. In screen shot 156MB open apps shown, and 20 apps totoal. Almost all reside on swap. Great to open terminal and last command are still posted. Currently running with memory manager included in Caffeine ROM, but not sure if its really necessary.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got UCWeb 7.2 to act as a desktop browser, and started running a few test: Engadget:7 pages opened allowing all advertisements to openAverage time: 1 minutes 52 sec or 112 secondsBeating all other browsers for this huge page. BUT not having swap turned on kills this browser, took over 5 minutes to load with swap turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.