Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!!!I 'm new here and I 'm very glad being a (new) member on a so active forum for my slatedroid!I have a Moonse E7001 and i accidentally broke a small part of the touch panel (a corner). The unit was usable (80%)untill I did a BIG mistake >> factory reset.Now every time i turn it on, it goes straight to callibration and unfortunately i can't do it because one of the crosses i have to touch is in the broken aera...After many tries I thought it could be possible to find the calibration result file from somebody else, and "push" in to the system via ADB, but...:1. I don't know which file (name) it could be, in which directory it is and 2. if could "push" it there... (because of the r/w permissions)An other thought was to try to find a spare part (the touch panel) but unfortunately I can't find anyone who could sell something like that... I 've searched everywhere on the internet but nothing...Can you please help me???I am really desperate because I paid 200$ and i have it only one week, and now is totaly useless...Hope somebody has a solution.Greetings gurukos

·
Registered
324 Posts
So what happens if you click at the closest point that is not broken for that calibration mark? That should advance the process, no? If not, I think the only thing you can do is contact the seller or the manufacturer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your answer gevrik. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I did that but nothing. It shows a chinese message in the midle of the screen (who knows, maybe "Try again") and starts again showing the crosses to touch... Now I am wondering if i could connect one of those (many) touchpanels (7") for the eeepc that you can very easily find on ebay. That's because when I contacted the seller (from ebay also) he didn't answer at all and after a week he totaly dissapeared from ebay (unregistered)... So bad... I tried to contact some manufacturers and although initially, they told me a price for the spare part (15$) at the end they told me "we can't/don't sell the part, sorry"... I really don't know what to do. I am very dissapointed. I only needed it for ebook reading and I was very happy with the unit, even if it was a little crazy on its touch behavior...By the way, i hope somebody would have a contact with a manufacturer or info where to find the spare.Thank you again.gurukos

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=gurukos link=topic=350.msg3172#msg3172 date=1275148477]thank you for your answer gevrik. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I did that but nothing. It shows a chinese message in the midle of the screen (who knows, maybe "Try again") and starts again showing the crosses to touch... Now I am wondering if i could connect one of those (many) touchpanels (7") for the eeepc that you can very easily find on ebay. That's because when I contacted the seller (from ebay also) he didn't answer at all and after a week he totaly dissapeared from ebay (unregistered)... So bad... I tried to contact some manufacturers and although initially, they told me a price for the spare part (15$) at the end they told me "we can't/don't sell the part, sorry"... I really don't know what to do. I am very dissapointed. I only needed it for ebook reading and I was very happy with the unit, even if it was a little crazy on its touch behavior...By the way, i hope somebody would have a contact with a manufacturer or info where to find the spare.Thank you again.gurukos [/quote]M8 dunno if this helps but ...I think the chinese you are seeing is it saying callibration failed try again. I reset my callibration took about 20 goes for it to accept it. I think because you reset it it is defaulting to chinese languageso my advice ... keep trrying and use a stylus to touch the crosses..to set to english look at the firmware manual last step is how to set the language away from chinese.hopefully this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=gurukos link=topic=350.msg3178#msg3178 date=1275148841]Thanx a lot RottenApple. I 'll try it imediatelly and i 'll report back!!![/quote]45,46,47...201,202,203... :'( :'( :'( nothing at allthanx anyway

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=gurukos link=topic=350.msg3192#msg3192 date=1275150185][quote author=gurukos link=topic=350.msg3178#msg3178 date=1275148841]Thanx a lot RottenApple. I 'll try it imediatelly and i 'll report back!!![/quote]45,46,47...201,202,203... :'( :'( :'( nothing at allthanx anyway[/quote]you have my sympathy ... sorry it did not work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's ok RottenApple. I 'll try to contact with more manufacturers to see if i can find something. Thank you again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello everybody!!! I finally got it!!! After i "knocked" so many "doors" (i mean 10ths emails and questions) and getting ridiculus excuses for not being able to help me or send me a spare touch panel from anybody that i asked for, I finally found a very helpfull guy at JTShop and helped me! We had a great communication with the guy, about 10 emails about the progress of the situation (from his side!). Very informative! And you know what? He helped me even if i did't buy the unit from him (he sells Apads too). I am telling you that because he could answer "sorry, i can't help you..." as many others did before. I am writing here 1st: to inform all of you, that i found the touch panel so the problem is solved, 2nd: to inform you about this guy, just in case somebody else needs such kind of help and 3rd: because after all i feel that he deserves a small promotion through this forum. I hope i don't break any rules... Greetings to all(always sorry for my bad english, trying to do my best...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Gurukos,I have the same problem. My eken m001 got the screen damaged just 4 days I have received it....can you please post the contact of the seller that sold you the replacement scree??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='azeidler;8031]Hey Gurukos' date='I have the same problem. My eken m001 got the screen damaged just 4 days I have received it....can you please post the contact of the seller that sold you the replacement scree??[/QUOTE'] yeah sure, but i don't see any eken m001 on his site and i am not sure if yours (eken) has the same touch panel as mine (moonse). By the way, his e-mail is [email protected] and the url of his site is JTSHOP try to get in touch with him and ask if he could find that part for you.Cheers, gurukos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts