Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing my digitizer and battery the back button had broken I need help sourcing the switch or the whole three switch board that the switches are on. thank you

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same same ..
You can remove from pcb with a low watt soldering iron (15W/18W) and go with this as example in a shop that sell smd micro switches and take the same .

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's funny, i've the same problem. I solved it with a smal nedel, which I screwd in the middle of the backbutton and cut them in the length of the broken switch... and so, now the button has again function...

Gesendet von meinem Chuwi V99 Quad

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem, power side button was broken while trying to reassemble the tablet after working on the Wifi antenna. Anybody know the model number of this micro switch, so that I can order a replacement?
Found replacement smd switch for the power button, exact replacement---if anybody is interested...
Asphalt Road surface Landscape Electric blue Pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, i'm interessted. Wher can i order it? I'm from germany. Are ther possibility for shipping?

Gesendet von meinem ARCHOS 97 Platinum mit Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, i'm interessted. Wher can i order it? I'm from germany. Are ther possibility for shipping?

I have plenty of them--had to order in bulk. How many do you need? I just need to fing out the cost of shipping first, before I can quote you a price. They are surface mounted, so no soldering is needed, the contacts just sit on top of the protruding pins.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have plenty of them--had to order in bulk. How many do you need? I just need to fing out the cost of shipping first, before I can quote you a price. They are surface mounted, so no soldering is needed, the contacts just sit on top of the protruding pins.
I need 3. Maybe you can ship them per mail. 3 switches may not be so big.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is the part number for these buttons you found as a replacement? What is the link to the where you ordered these from? My tablet has been pretty much useless since all the buttons are broken and I can no longer turn it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is the part number for these buttons you found as a replacement? What is the link to the where you ordered these from? My tablet has been pretty much useless since all the buttons are broken and I can no longer turn it on.
If you like, I can sell you a few buttons, from the bulk pack I bought. I found them on a Chinese electronics sight and had to wait almost a month for them to ship. Are you located in the U.S. ? If so, I can ship USPS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need 3. Maybe you can ship them per mail. 3 switches may not be so big.

They are not, they are very tiny. Give me an address to lookup at the Post Office, to determine shipping, then we can talk about a price.

Quasi

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you like, I can sell you a few buttons, from the bulk pack I bought. I found them on a Chinese electronics sight and had to wait almost a month for them to ship. Are you located in the U.S. ? If so, I can ship USPS.
I would rather order them my self if you could help out with a link or a part number, These are typically had for 6 dollars for 10 or 15$ for 100-150. As many times as these break I Would just like to buy a whole bag of these from a electronics supply house. But in order to make sure I get the right parts I would need a part number. Shipping three should be able to be done in the usa in a normal postage envelop with standard stamp I think 38 cents or 40 cents these days.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Can you PM me a link to the site?

I'm hoping to find replacement board for the volume buttons as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you PM me a link to the site?

I'm hoping to find replacement board for the volume buttons as well.
The buttons I found were for the Power Button ONLY! the Volume buttons are attached to a separate Circuit board and are smaller and I did not need to replace these. I broke the Power button accidentally while trying to put the Aluminum backing back on. My original problem was a weak WIFI signal, which I fixed by replacing the stock antenna with a new one, fashioned from Copper tape and a template, I found posted elsewhere.

I suggest that you do NOT use the Volume buttons on the top or the back button. Instead, use the Volume adjustment via the screen only, that will reduce the wear and tear on those smaller, hard to replace buttons.

I do not have a part number for the the power button, again, I found the part on a Chinese site, with no english wording, so the link is useless. If you want me to ship you some buttons, I can. And I can accept payment via Paypal.

-Quasi

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
The buttons I found were for the Power Button ONLY! the Volume buttons are attached to a separate Circuit board and are smaller and I did not need to replace these. I broke the Power button accidentally while trying to put the Aluminum backing back on. My original problem was a weak WIFI signal, which I fixed by replacing the stock antenna with a new one, fashioned from Copper tape and a template, I found posted elsewhere.

I suggest that you do NOT use the Volume buttons on the top or the back button. Instead, use the Volume adjustment via the screen only, that will reduce the wear and tear on those smaller, hard to replace buttons.

I do not have a part number for the the power button, again, I found the part on a Chinese site, with no english wording, so the link is useless. If you want me to ship you some buttons, I can. And I can accept payment via Paypal.

-Quasi
Please post the link anyway, I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did any one ever find any replacement buttons preferably some one willing to share a link to where they were bought from?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts