Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only manufacturing fault I noticed with my unit was the headphone connector was only making an intermittent connection, and seemed crooked. So, today at work I opened my unit up, and used one of our nice soldering stations to reflow the headphone connector pins and tried to straighten the connector out just slightly.In the process, I also yanked the back speaker wires out of their solder balls on the mainboard, so I stripped a tiny bit more insulation off them and soldered them back on, too.After that, I put it all back together, and now it doesn't boot! The LEDs don't light up, and the screen doesn't come on. It's just flat dead.Any ideas what I might have done and if it can be fixed?Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, anyway, after looking over my work, I think there are two main possibilities:1) In reflowing the headphone jack, I probably got the voltage regulators nearby pretty hot. Of all the components on the board, voltage regulators are probably pretty resistant to heat, but it's a possibility. I may try to replace them if I can figure out a compatible part.2) In removing the case, I bent the docking connector up slightly. The soldering on the connector is pretty horrible on my unit, with some pins nearly dry, and others with big globs of solder nearly forming a bridge to the next pin. It seems possible that two of the pins have now shorted that weren't shorted before.It's not easy to remove the case of these units, and now that I've done it, I wouldn't advise it without a good reason (better than fixing an intermittent headphone jack, anway).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.