Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After less than a day I've hit my android limits.I downloaded and installed a widget from the marketplace that can be used to control screen brightness. When I ran the widget the screen brightness changed a couple of times and then the screen went blank.Now when I reboot the aPad I get the Linux icon in the top left corner and then the word "android" across the center of the screen and then the screen goes blank as if the widget has set the screen brightness to 0%. Is there a button combination that I can use to increase the screen brightness or failing that does Android have a 'safe mode' that i can boot into to remove the widget?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Turn the totally unit off with the switch, then switch it back to on. Hold down the black button like you normally turn it on, and when the linux penguin is there, hold down the menu/settings rocker switch(ie pressing down on the left) until the device boots in safe mode.I've always found these things to be annoying to turn on, whether from scratch or sleep mode. I don't understand why they made it so difficult. ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the same thing! Solved it by flashing it. Just followed the pinned flashing guide, even thou I didnt see anything on the apad screen, it showed up in the flasher. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. I was hoping to avoid having to flash the devise again as I'd just got it set up as I like it but looks like no alternative.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Strange, this definitely boots in safe mode for me, it actually says safe mode on the screen, and all the widgets just have a small box saying they failed to load. I'm running the generic backup ROM that is hosted at Slatedroid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, All.I have devise Irobot.I would like to reduce the brightness of the display using the program quick settings, set it to a minimum. But this display is fully turned off.How do I turn the display back?I tried to completely disable the device. When booting I see a penguin logo and the inscription ANDROID, but at boot screen is switched off again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,i had done the same thing ... You simply needs to tap blindly at the position of the Widget and then blindly to reach another brightness setting. Thank good i had done so before switching my apad off, so it hadn`t been to difficult for me, as the setting screen of the widget was still in the foreground.If you don`t manage to hit it blindly, i am afraid that you will have to do a flash to get it back in working condition

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes, there are similar threads on this forum already. Jenne has it right. Either try your luck with the blind-tapping or flash the device.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What i need to flash the device?What version of firmware i need?In download section there are many firmwares. I have iWeb batch 2 (without camera).I'll try to do this blind, bat i afraid it is no possible ((((

·
Registered
324 Posts
If your aPad has no webcam, it is a V1 and can not be flashed with any of the firmwares in the Development and Technical section of this sub-forum. So your only option is to do the change blindly. I repeat, do not flash any firmware on this device, the firmwares only work for the version with the camera.

·
Registered
157 Posts
why don't you guys take a picture of the homescreen with the brightness widget and post it here? so that might help him finding the widget location

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh my God...Can you do video with changing brightness, so I just repeat you steps blindly?Or tell me coordinates which i must push...I'm in despair...

·
Registered
8 Posts
gevrik;7840 said:
I do not use that widget and would it not depend on where you put it yourself when you placed it on the home screen?
Bat you can tell me how to change brightness using standard settings menu: menu -> Display and sound -> brightness!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I sure can, but will be hard to get there blindly. First you have to find the Settings icon (in the list of programs, there is no hardware button to open settings), then tap second option (like 5cm from the top of the device), then you have to scroll down (just scroll a lot till you are sure you're at the end of the list) all the way and tap the second option from the bottom (3cm from bottom of device: Brightness).This might be helpful:http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-capture-screenshots-with-your-android-mobile-phone/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here`s a picture of the setting screen position. Actually it should be possible, as you don`t have too much options for putting the widget at the homescreen, i think the most should be 4 rows with 6 icons, so if you dont remeber the position where you had placed it, try to push one icon, then press where the 50 or 100% should be. If this doesn`t work, push the hardware homekey and try the next icon position.Hope you can solve the problem this way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you all! I'm solve my problem. I call to the man who trade me iWeb, and he help me. He has same devise, and tel me where i mast touch. It's work! $)P.S. I'm happy! )))

1 - 20 of 36 Posts