Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried the various option on this forum for regaining use of my novel. None of them have worked. I disconnected the battery. I pressed the reset while holidng the on switch and the volume up button (difficult but doable). I tried reflashing the FW from the SD card and the PC application. I still have a novel that has only a white screen. When I insert an SD card and remove it, it makes a sound so I think it's still alive in there and I can access the files when I connect it to my PC. Any ideas on how to get my screen back??? I am very frustrated by this and have looked through the entire forum for anything similar. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
What were you doing when the screen went? A lot of people have had issues with accidentally changing brightness and rendering it unreadable. Worst to worst take it back and trade it in as defective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was updating the FW. When the device restarted, the screen was white. I cannot see anything on the screen that would indicate that the brightness is all the way up. I think the screen brightness was at full before I started the FW flash anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
hmmmm. you have hit the reset button and reflashed? Have you tried going back to 7-18 fw?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
If it's low brightness, you could get it working by going into a completely darkened room and wait until your eyes adjust - you will see a faint outline and should be able to navigate.If it's a fragged firmware attempt, re-download the zip file and re-flash, to see if it fixes it. It could have been the original zip or possibly the copy to the SD card.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I 've had mine for 2 weeks. Flashed it at least 20 times....Several times I was sure it was bricked... But I got it back... My problem was the recovery software is pretty good but very slow..... and I wasn't waiting long enough. Mine was not showing a white screen after sliding the power switch but the blue PanDigital screen... But it would not go to the the blue PanDigital screen with the swooshy white stripe on the bottom...Take out the SDCard... This seems to help by itself...Turn it on and wait... I waited 15 minutes once.. It not only came back each time... But I had not even lost my customizations....Good luck...but as was pointed out above if all else you can return it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried re-downloading and re-flashing (w/ both 07-18 and 07-24). Did the reset button and re-flashed. Waited until is "turned off" by itself. The screen is not dark, it is bright white. It looks like another trip to BB&B...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Sorry, bub. I will forego mancard comments in sympathy ( :p ). If it makes you feel better, after doing the market hack mine has gotten ponderously slow, and I may have to reflash or check for bad memory sectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts