Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any ideas ass to getting the device working again. Not sure what happened..!!! Downloaded newer ecotox build, put on sd card, started install, left for 5 mins, went back to device and blank screen!!!.Now nothing happens. Press button, leights goon....nothing appears on screen, any ideas Peeps!!Cheers:eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes this happens to some people... what you should do is re format sd card put firmware on the card. insert card. plug eken power adapter in. turn eken on and just leave it on for a couple hours... when this si done it eventually boots again then go yru the step of reinstalling firmware....i suggest the ecotox firmware...its the best and most stable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hellrazaa;34365 said:
yes this happens to some people... what you should do is re format sd card put firmware on the card. insert card. plug eken power adapter in. turn eken on and just leave it on for a couple hours... when this si done it eventually boots again then go yru the step of reinstalling firmware....i suggest the ecotox firmware...its the best and most stable.
I followed this procedure and nothing happened. I think that the boot files from flash memory were damaged.You should reinstall the files using windows, but for this to work you need to get the windows recognize the tablet as a USB device.That's my problem: I can not make windows recognize the device.I already downloaded the software that writes directly to flash memory using the USB port. I also have a tutorial teaching how to do. But without the windows to see the tablet ...If anyone has any idea, be grateful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Roger Calver;35238]Yeah a link to this would be excellent please said:
I reproduce below the guidance sent by member jtbnet. We should thank him for the solution.I must remember that the tutorial was prepared for another tablet. However, if we can access the M001 via USB, we can apply the appropriate remedy, I think.
You don't need the sdcard to flash a new rom via USB cable from a Windows 32bit system...There was just a newer Rom posted today... download from;Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFireBarely legible instructions are here;ZT-180 Install Instructions.docThe flashing tools and usb driver for windows are bundled with an older version rom here;RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Roger Calver;35238]Yeah a link to this would be excellent please said:
I reproduce below the guidance sent by member jtbnet. We should thank him for the solution.I must remember that the tutorial was prepared for another tablet. However, if we can access the M001 via USB, we can apply the appropriate remedy, I think.
You don't need the sdcard to flash a new rom via USB cable from a Windows 32bit system...There was just a newer Rom posted today... download from;Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFireBarely legible instructions are here;ZT-180 Install Instructions.docThe flashing tools and usb driver for windows are bundled with an older version rom here;RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

·
Registered
85 Posts
[quote name='sildeman;35828]Yes' date=' but nothing happens.[/QUOTE'] I had a similar problem last week. Holding the reset buton down for 20-40 seconds, then pressing the start button cured the problem for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[quote name='starfighter;36643]I had a similar problem last week. Holding the reset buton down for 20-40 seconds' date=' then pressing the start button cured the problem for me.[/QUOTE'] Could I start the device via SD card with this procedure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think EN25F40-100GCP 4Mbit SPI Flash IC on a backside of the CPU Board contains BootLoader. And I'm almost sure, than we need to flash image of those files ( u-boot.bin wload.bin uzImage.bin scriptcmd) to unbreack the tablet. Sorry for my bad English

·
Registered
17 Posts
All right, Andy. Let us know. Mine is totally bricked after a stalled out upgrade too. No returning it now, as the butter knife I used to pry the back off left quite an impression! One piece of Chinese software with the odd instructions posted here looked promising (I found the actual program online), but could not get the courage to press a button with a "??" . My Linux machine does not see the device at all when connected. It does appear on one of my USB ports on my Win 7 machine as Unknown when I go into device manager. I was really wanting a skin for this thing and I may get one in the form of duct tape if I keep opening it up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.