Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I'm not the only one who'd be thrilled to get WinCE fully working on the Eken M001, so I figured the person(s) who get it working should have an incentive to do so.This is a donation thread. Offer up an amount you'd be willing to pay to the person(s) that gets WinCE fully working, with touchscreen drivers, and I'll list you here, with username and amount. My Eken is currently not used, because Android is a bad choice of an OS to put on a tablet with these specs, however, it should handle WinCE very well, as long as we have working drivers.Donator list:xdpirate - 50 USDSlateDroid team - 50 USDkoalauk - 10 GBP (15 USD)Dids - 75 USDTotal prize pool: 190 USDPM me or post in this thread with the amount you'd be willing to donate for a working WinCE build. If a team releases it, it will be sent to the leader of that team. If several people get it working at the same time, it will be split. If a single person performs this feat, they will collect all the donations.EDIT: It has just come to my attention that WiFi already works out of the box, so this is basically a bounty for working touchscreen and hardware buttons.EDIT 2: There is no minimum donation amount. You can donate everything from $1, so feel free to chip in with any amount!

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Although we here at slatedroid do not feel the same as you do about android and m001 , we too would like a working touchscreen version for the m001we will match your 50 dollar bounty good luck The SlateDroid Team

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='Mp4doggie;15219]Although we here at slatedroid do not feel the same as you do about android and m001 ' date=' we too would like a working touchscreen version for the m001we will match your 50 dollar bounty good luck The SlateDroid Team[/QUOTE'] Added! (10 characters)

·
Registered
150 Posts
[quote name='Darexius;1334]Anyone get this working yet? Because' date=' umm.... well, I did.. I'd have to start over to tell you what I did, though. It was a bastard the entire time.[/QUOTE']Apparently it's been done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
koalauk;18292]Errm this looks like the same 8505 and board with WinCE already there with touchscren etc etc said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-MID-TOUCH-SCREEN-PAD-TABLET-PC-WINDOWS-CE-WIFI-UK-/220636842899?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item335efb0b93#ht_4077wt_9[/url]
I've contacted a few sellers (ebay, alibaba, dealextreme) about getting this firmware and none have been able to help yet. Don't let that stop you, the more people we ask the better our chances of finding the script!

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
forgot to add, also have a E900 APAD GPS WIN CE TOUCH SCREEN PC TABLET that was given to me, have no idea how to get the firmware off it, if some one can give me clear, easy to understand (in other words NEWBI instructions) i can try and get whats on there off as well if needed

·
Registered
63 Posts
mingnon;18729]okay try this said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJCQNASQ[/url]
IT WORKS!!!!!!! Give the man his money and buy me a 6-pack for being the first to test and confirm. ;)Here is a video of first boot and proof that touch works. I didn't do a good job of calibrating the touch, it works a lot better if it's calibrated correctly. Sorry for the poor video quality.
Now we are only missing power management and some hardware button assignments (volume buttons don't work, but power does).I've attached a modified version of the scriptcmd file that was in the original CE download from EKEN. It's significantly different than the one that is included with the above download, but they both work. I don't think either is really optimized for the M001.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Testing it, ooh yep as I expected this device functions the way it should have with WINCE runs fast and boots up in no time! Now ehere is my WINCE app archive...http://code.google.com/p/iphonetoday/Been using this for a littlw while on my hacked Blaukpunkt GPS regardsPS this WINCE is in CHINESE right?? Oops nope after installation comes back in English>>>more picshttp://share.ovi.com/album/koalauk.ekenwince

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.