Android Tablets Forum banner

Bounty for Working Debian with Touchscreen Driver for the Eken m001

79K views 251 replies 40 participants last post by  seba1978 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Following the fantastically successful software bounty started by xdpirate (for Win CE with touchscreen support), I'd like to start a bounty for Debian with touchscreen support.Thousands of sophisticated applications await an onscreen keyboard and finger stroke. And this time no fear of secret agents from Redmond saying nix. Just the satisfaction of knowing the world is ten digits more accessible. What could be better? Amaze your friends!I'll throw in $25 to start it off(As xdpirate created the last bounty, I'll quote his words here -- with OS name changed to protect the innocent...): This is a donation thread. Offer up any amount you'd be willing to pay to the person(s) who gets Debian fully working, with touchscreen drivers, and I'll list you here, with username and amount.Donor list:vtpad - 25 USDSlateDroid - 50 USDbobobobo1618 -10 USDTotal prize pool: =85 USDPM me (vtpad) or post in this thread with the amount you'd be willing to donate for a working Debian touchscreen build. If a team releases it, it will be donated to the leader of that team. If several people get it working at the same time, it will be split. If a single person performs this feat, they will collect all the donations. There is no minimum donation amount. You can donate everything from $1, so feel free to chip in with any amount!BREAKING NEWS!!!! Debian with touchscreen a reality on the Eken M001! Won by by jacob019. See Post #33

#158 · (Edited by Moderator)
yeah, wifi is a bit rough. Until we sort it out, I suggest removing wicd and using manual configuration with wpa_supplicant.First create /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
Code:
network={    ssid="home"    scan_ssid=1    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK    psk="very secret passphrase" }
Then make a wifi starter script like this:
Code:
#!/bin/shifconfig ra0 upwpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -ira0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pidifconfig ra0 192.168.1.101 netmask 255.255.255.0route add default gw 192.168.1.1echo 'nameserver 208.67.222.222' > /etc/resolv.conf
Then run that script to fire up networking.

#159 ·
my wifi says connected , i use wep because I have a xbox mod that uses a old wifi setup. anyway my eken says connected but nothing will connect no inet, no apt-get commands any ideas ?

#160 ·
Sure. You need to install the iw package.1. Use your computer to download the package directly to the sdcard: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iw/iw_0.9.19-1_armel.deb2. Boot the eken and install the package: 'dpkg -i iw_0.9.19-1_armel.deb'3. Use these lines in the script instead of the wpa_suppliant line:iwconfig ra0 essid "My Network"iwconfig ra0 key 1234567890That should do it. I'll include the iw package in the next release, and perhaps a wifi config script

#167 ·
actually working on it now ps: willo sent the money today please let me know when you get it cause you earned it and thanks for all the work

#168 ·
Mike;31949 said:
What the hell am I doing wrong?
Are you unmounting/ejecting the SD card cleanly? One of the catches with Linux is that the 'dd' will finish and then actually writing to the flash will take another minute or two in the background before it's all actually written.Running 'sync' on the command line or ejecting from the UI and then waiting until it says "safe to remove" should be fine, though. But the first time I did it I accidentally pulled the card out a few seconds early and got a corrupted filesystem like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.