Android Tablets Forum banner
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found nice virtual keyboard - XVKBD
Hello all,

Kindly guide me on istalling the debain linux with touch screen support on my slate device. i have installed the win ce but it is with out the touch drivers.
Now i would very much like to move to debain if it is faster. which i would like to try for myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anybody is interested, I got Debian installed directly on the internal NAND. Just a matter of modifying /etc/rc.d/rc0/d/S99app from script/initrd.gz to use /dev/mtdblock11 which is large enough (1.1GB). Scriptcmd.install needs modifying too of course. Let me know if you need more detailed info...
OK , Cool . I am intrested in istalling to the NAND directly.
But not an expert. kindly post step by step instructions to do so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In your case, installing to the NAND probably won't bring anything extra. As R13 mentioned, I'm not sure Debian will be faster than from the SD card (haven't timed it), and you'll have limited space. Unless you need the SD card for other things, you're probably better off following the instructions posted earlier in this thread ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
wifi doesn't work
has rummaged all Google.....

Here a piece of a broad gull of loading

<- ERROR in Alloc TX TxContext [3] HTTX_BUFFER!!
<- RTMPAllocTxRxRingMemory, Status=3
ERROR!!! RTMPAllocDMAMemory failed, Status [=0x00000003]
!!! rt28xx Initialized fail!!!

On the Internet advise to collect or more later a kernel or to reinstall the driver (the Internet on the device doesn't work)

Forgive for machine translation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a theory on how to get the WiFi working without having to restart and with dhcp instead of a static IP address, I am still testing it however, so when I know it's working I will try to release a patch/executable that will work for everyone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, had some DNS errors at first, but got that fixed now. I'm just about to start getting into the coding, quick question everyone, do you want to enter your network SSID manually or do you want a set of choices? For example:
Code:
1 network<br />
2 another_network<br />
3 mynetwork<br />
4 another_network
It would print out something like that and you can just enter a number instead of typing in the SSID.
The more ideas I get the more awesome this can be, if you have any other suggestions post it!
Also, picture of browser working, just to show I'm not bluffing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You haven't understood. All problem not with connection to a network and with the driver wifi.

Here a file/etc/network/interfaces
And a file of a broad gull of loading dmesg

ra0 Doesn't rise even from the console....
And even fir-trees there is a miracle and the interface is connected... That connection is constantly torn.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
You haven't understood. All problem not with connection to a network and with the driver wifi.

Here a file/etc/network/interfaces
And a file of a broad gull of loading dmesg

ra0 Doesn't rise even from the console....
And even fir-trees there is a miracle and the interface is connected... That connection is constantly torn.
From what I can tell my program will fix your problem as well as add more features, I'm going to make a few big changes in one sweep, as such I haven't even decided how I'm going to package this, but yes, any other suggestions you want to make as far as fixes/features go feel free to say, one thing I'm not totally sure on yet is the audio, so that may be a later patch ;-)

241 - 252 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.