Android Tablets Forum banner
221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
[quote name='projectgus;50818]Ah kiarov' date=' I just realised that you didn't post the output from 'lsmod'. tav1234 is probably on the money, and the module hasn't loaded at all. That explains why you didn't get anything about the wifi in dmesg - it doesn't try to power on the wifi until the module loads. I forgot that part, sorry!Try running "insmod /lib/modules/rt3070sta.ko" and see what it says. If you get an error trying to load it, run 'dmesg | tail' and you'll probably see some more specific details. If that doesn't work, definitely try tav's suggestion of swapping it for the Android module (probably they have different magic numbers?)- Angus[/QUOTE'] Hi Angus, i didn't read this before i post my last results. I've tried "insmod /lib/modules/rt3070sta.ko" and it sends an error that the file already exists.Refering to the lsmod i got this:------------------------------------------------------------------rt3070sta 567932 0------------------------------------------------------------------And dmesg tail gave this:------------------------------------------------------------------RtmpOSFileOpen(): Error 2 opening /data/wmtpref/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.datOpen file "/data/wmtpref/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat" failed!1. Phy Mode = 0ERROR!!! NICReadRegParameters failed, Status[=0x00000001]---> RMTPFreeTxRxRingMemory<--- RMTPFreeTxRxRingMemory!!! rt28xx Initialized fail !!!procfile_write get 0--> stop progress bar------------------------------------------------------------------That seems like a lot of exclamation marks hahahaha. Is this tablet about to blow?Thanks again, i'm waiting another wise advise.Cheers my friends!

·
Registered
12 Posts
kiarovIf you have not done so already go in to android and locate the RT2870STA.dat file (most likely located at /data/wmtpref/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat).Copy this file from android to /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat in debian. Sorry I forgot to mention this step.You might read the "Problems booting debian from SD" starting around post 39. I had much the same problems as you with wifi and other issues. Jacobs advise (spot on) and my final solutions are posted there.If all else fails you might want to try the android kernal. It is located in one of the mtd devices in the android nand flash. This link should help: HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android WikiYou may be able to see the mtd devices from debian. Try cat /proc/mtd. This should give a directory of the mtd devices. If not you will need to access them from android. The android kernal should be a last resort. I found no diffence between my android kernal and the one jacob used.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks tav1234 i fixed it, i have to use RT2870STA.dat and rt3070sta.ko from android 1.7.4 that did the trick. It seems that debian doesn't like android 1.9 hahahaha.Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi kiarov,Glad to hear you got your wifi working.Kinda of makes sense about the RT2870STA.dat and rt3070sta.ko since jacob based his debian distro on the kernel in the eken 1.7.4 release. The android 1.9 may have a different version of the kernal. The 1.9 "RT" files may work with debain if you also use the android 1.9's kernel. Unless the 1.9 kernel supports devices on your slate that are not supported by the 1.7.4 kernel I don't know what advantage there would be to using the 1.9 kernel. Angus over at projectgus may have some thoughts on this since he's far more hip on the ins and outs of the linux kernel then I am. All the best

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi people,I've got a modded USB cable so that plugin a mouse/keyboard and use it in the Eken. The cable works with Android but nothing happens on Debian. I tried mice, keyboards, USB keys, etc. lsusb doesn't show anything.Is there some module I should insmod manually? Any idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I want to buy one of those Ekens and install debian on it because I want to build a universal remote using this platform. Are the modules needed included in the kernel e.g. support for IrDA, USB-to-Serial, LIRC etc.? Or will I have to build the kernel on my own?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excellent work on this debian distro.

My problem:
I can't get the touchscreen to work using either Eken or Flytouch debian images.

My hardware:
I've got what looks like a Flytouch clone but it supposedly has a multitouch capacitive screen (model number E600, 256MB ram, 2GB flash, via 8505 cpu)

What works:
I can boot the device using either the Eken or Flytouch debian images and use a USB keyboard and mouse.

I've found the android touchcal and copied it to /etc/touchcal

The android touchscreen driver is called cs7416_ts_bt.ko
i can load this module with insmod

Any ideas on how to get the touchscreen working?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=tav1234 link=topic=2783.msg51557#msg51557 date=1283697931]
Kinda of makes sense about the RT2870STA.dat and rt3070sta.ko since jacob based his debian distro on the kernel in the eken 1.7.4 release. The android 1.9 may have a different version of the kernal. The 1.9 "RT" files may work with debain if you also use the android 1.9's kernel. Unless the 1.9 kernel supports devices on your slate that are not supported by the 1.7.4 kernel I don't know what advantage there would be to using the 1.9 kernel. Angus over at projectgus may have some thoughts on this since he's far more hip on the ins and outs of the linux kernel then I am.
[/quote]

I had a similar problem and replacing the module and the .dat file on debian with the one from android also fixed my problem.
My wireless was working fine, but after booting into android and then back into debian it would no longer load, and had the same error.
After I took the two files from android and put then on my SD card wireless worked fine once again.
The .dat files are firmware I believe, so it probably doesn't like switching between different firmware/modules.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have installed few programs - google-chromium, mc and another stuff. But how to create image file from my sdcard? I want save all this changes. Which programs do this?

In windows I see only first partition with a folder "script".

·
Registered
314 Posts
[quote author=R13 link=topic=2783.msg127419#msg127419 date=1296030528]
Another question

How to bind our volume buttons to page-up and page-down?

[/quote]
To change them to scroll see this post. Off hand I don't know the code for page up and down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have installed GPE - it's the same as a matchbox. Matchbox - WM for GPE
. Nothing intresting. But it has virtual keyboard.

I have installed IceWM. And it's looks and works nice. But I can't see keyboard anywere.

Thinking about when and how I can get it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have the link to download debian-m001-v0.3.img.bz2? I've tried Jacob019's torrents but can't see anyone seeding. Also can't find it in the download section. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If anybody is interested, I got Debian installed directly on the internal NAND. Just a matter of modifying /etc/rc.d/rc0/d/S99app from script/initrd.gz to use /dev/mtdblock11 which is large enough (1.1GB). Scriptcmd.install needs modifying too of course. Let me know if you need more detailed info...

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's interesting. But Debian must loads faster from sd than from nand. And 1.1 Gb is too small for comfortable work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is anyone from developers\ or the people who is familiar to linux know, where i can find the info about develiping this thing, cuz i'm really interested to launch it on Rockchip 2818 (256 ram)

221 - 240 of 252 Posts