Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
Now she didn't have any time!!

She's happy iPadding or try to get Android 3.1 to work!

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
LOL...Thanks Reimar.

No, To be hoest, I'm an apple fan, my first time admit it, only here though, other wise, i won't be survived from apple haters.

It really is just the one stop user experience from apple. Belive me, I have owned most gadget as much as i can in last 3 years. The apple is still the winner, doesn't matter what is coming up on the market. i like Android, but it's not quite there yet... you know the answer..

PS: right, this iPad is going to be my husband Father's day present. yes, He is a British bridge engineer, but don't know anything about gadget tech stuff. So this is just fit him so right.
Plus, I can't get anyone to play on Android any more...

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
To compare Apple Product's and software with others will at all times subjective.

Apple product's are build on 1 or 2 generation old hardware which is "tested" by other big companies already and therefore has an available agenda of it's problems and how to solve them. Form that Apple profits and don't have to run all test's again. Apple profit's once more while selling that "old" hardware for an very high price. In real, Apple is a parasite profit from the work and infos others have done for free!

Apple software is developed on an Unix based OS, which Apple have get from whom? Also that software is developed for a very small range of hardware and therefore much more easy and more costeffective to develop than software for a wide range of hardware. And it doesn't matter for what of their products, all of Apples software is based on the same Base Modules been it OS-X, iOS or whatsoever.

Apple Products and Apple Software are also bundled to their own system only. You could not use any Apple software, except Quicktime and a very few others, on any unsupported hardware which isn't produced as final product by Apple itself!

Ok, their is a possibility to run OS-X on any PC which isn't supported by Apple, I would not deny that. But those are hacked and modified software which has many functions you could not use anymore while running on those unsupported hardware. And it's illegal as well.

And even the Intel Systems, supported by Apple very limited ! Try to buy or assemble a Computer which will be able to run OS-X out of the Box! You couldn't!! Or try to get an LG Blueray Burner out of the Box to work on an Apple PC running OS-X! You couldn't! The list of those is huge for hardware which also din't work on Apple PC's running on Intel Platform!

Beside of that, Apple also dictates what the user allowed to do with them machine (is it really the users machine because he paid for it?!) and what not! Excuse me, if I buy an product, I tell and assign what to do with it because it is mine!

Everybody hates Microsoft! Why? Because it's the leader in Software development? May also has a monopoly for many apps? Microsoft is an software developer who develop software for a huge range of hardware. This is a very expensive process. If you develop a system for a range of let say 2 different hardware systems, that will cost you much less than for to develop for nearly all available hardware systems! And for 2 systems the time of developing is much more short than for the huge range!

There so many facts if you compare just those two companies which should result in saying that the products from those company, which has much less cost and time of developing, should be a lot cheaper than the products from that company which has much higher cost's and developing time!

Fact is that the company with the lower production cost of Hard- and Software, has the most expensive products!

As a sidenote: ALL Apple hardware product's are produced in China in Companies using even kid's from 8+ year up for production!

I would never support those company even in just buying a product from them.

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was born in Shanghai China, I have never hear of children under 18(maybe 16?) is allow to work..I do remember my brother couldn't get into my mom's company until he's graduated from high school.

in 2009, my son(10 years old that time) asked me a question that he heard from a kids in the school: Do people get arrested in China if they go pee in public. because he heard people say so. I told him: Son, I'm going to take you all to China, let you experience there and tell me what do you think. In the end, they all didn't want to come back to America.

Enough saying...really.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Where do I DL the virtual iPad for the SDK? Kinda new to Dev'ing ATM, but I'm a fast learner.

Oh! here it is

Reactions: mrsburnout

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
@Row

a close friend of mine, who is a frequent China flyer because of his business, was a few moth ago in Guangdong in that company which is producing the iPad2 for Apple, has shown me pkctures taken at those company with kids working for to clean the workplaces and even working in production. And those were ral pictures.
After that i was done some search on the internet and also found some interview with Steve Jobs regarding Child work. He had the excuse that those were not his company just some who produce for Apple.

That was enough for me to stop any business with Apple products.

Send from my Galaxy Tab from Bangkok Downtown

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Come on Reimar, Those young kids are starving, they are waiting for you to feed them..
J/K.

Of course, SJ don't know about it, only people working in there know what's happening there if it's true. I'm not surprise really. There are so many people who lives in the country side and very poor come to south looking for the job, Guangdong is full of them. those people are begging for food also hope their kids can get job too, so the whole family can be fed. the comany will not hire those kids, it's the department people agreed to parents let their kids to do some cleaning job..I believe thats the case.

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
Excuse me, but as SJ was getting to known about that and was saying it's not his company without to comment on the facts, that just shows enough about his character. And you're right, Apple will not hire that kid's apple has hired those company! Is that different? In legal terms, yes, it is, but in moral terms? No, it isn't!
In the German law there's also some terms which says: lack of knowledge didn't prevent you from getting convicted (Unwissenheit schuetzt vor Strafe nicht)! You're required to check all rules are fulfilled before start taking action. And if you compare Steve Jobs with Bill Gates, what will be the outcome?!

Anyway, it's up to you what you like to do as it is for me. Period!

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I gave up on Apple when they killed the open platform Apple ][ line with the first Mac.

I used itunes as a media manager and podcast catcher(never went to store)until it installed a buggy version of safari as my default browser w/o asking. Erased all apple software.

On the other hand I will recommend a Mac as a computer that just work to non-tech people that want basic computer. Pay in time on a PC pay in cash for a mac.

ipad is similar if you want it to just work. you want to use it not learn about it. Ipad is perfect. I like to fiddle with stuff and learn what's under the hood so I'm more an adroid guy. (who would think like that around here?)

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
ipad is similar if you want it to just work. you want to use it not learn about it. Ipad is perfect. I like to fiddle with stuff and learn what's under the hood so I'm more an adroid guy. (who would think like that around here?)
Same here mogrith, in case you don't know, time to measure up your toys.

For a great user experience, I prefer use ipad/ipod touch. As I said, this is going to be used for a none tech guy my husband.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Don't think I could go for a giant phone with no customization abilities and only having icons in the launcher. Just doesn't provide enough info without having to open an app. Perhaps if Steve decides to open the walled garden, yeah that will never happen, then I might think about about it.

I have to agree about iTunes also. I dislike the idea of having to use only that software to get things on my device.

I picked up an Acer Iconia Tab A500 which comes with Honeycomb and works out of the box.
Only issues I have had so far are the ones I created.

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It's bit annoying that we have to dealing with iTune, but it seems work out with my kids..

My Husband opened it this morning as the Father's day present.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts