Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a new GT78 today to replace the one I broke a couple of weeks ago. I was suprised to see it was very fast and responsive out of the box. I installed setCPU and found the processor scaling was reaching 660mhz. The Android market also worked right out of the box. System shows that the Linux kernal was built on Aug 22nd. Maybe improved versions are being shipped now?

·
Registered
75 Posts
that could be tru(improved versions) but try to DL more in the market and it will stop workin cuz when i got my gt about 3 weeks ago the market worked otb but then it stoped. mine was the first version they sold with a unique MAC address and SN#

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I tested everything out was before I installed patchv3. It was returned, but still had the original Android 2.1 before any dates where released. Wierd

·
Registered
53 Posts
Strange...I'm running one of the first batch of GT's and I routinely see 660Mhz coming up in SetCPU. Usually after I've run a game like Robot Defense or something like that. I'm really looking forward to them releasing the Kernel source, along with the binaries for the drivers, so we can put together a CM6 with the drivers, and see how that works.As an alternative, it would be nice to see Augen come out with 2.2 for the GT...that would most certainly draw a fair bit of attention.

·
Registered
576 Posts
One thing we REALLY need is to get the full Mali Linux DDK from ARM or Telechips... as I mentioned in the new Augen devices thread it's supposed to have gone to Telechips when they licensed Mali as part of that licensing... so either the fw guys don't have it or couldn't figure out how to get the full opengl es stack running...mine keeps staying pegged at 600 under load, but I think mine must've still come from the original batch as I had the v1 fw and July dated kernel as originally quoted way back when...(600 is both by setCPU & /proc/cpuinfo)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea, will not have time to post the back up until after work and class tonight. IDK, if my backup will transfer over to someone else's, but it is worth a shot.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
[quote name='marcelol;49089]Strange...I'm running one of the first batch of GT's and I routinely see 660Mhz coming up in SetCPU. Usually after I've run a game like Robot Defense or something like that. I'm really looking forward to them releasing the Kernel source' date=' along with the binaries for the drivers, so we can put together a CM6 with the drivers, and see how that works.As an alternative, it would be nice to see Augen come out with 2.2 for the GT...that would most certainly draw a fair bit of attention.[/QUOTE'] Same here under SetCPU 660MHz. I say keep this device as the next one from the will be roughly $200 for the 7". $400 for 10" is still high and will those run Android OS 3? But for now what we all got can be made into something wonderful with some more updates and rooted app tweaks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2010-09-02.00.53.05.zipIf you still want to see if my backup does anything for your GT, here is the link. Place the backup in /clockworkmod/backup/ folder in your sdcard. Remeber you must be rooted and have the clockwork installed. Also, I am running lincrac's patchV3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.