Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the wallpaper I worked up for my new environment.
It is sized at 1024X1024, but when I tried it at 1024X600, HC blew it up and ruined it.
This is not perfect (you still have to crop it to use,but at least it doesn't pixellate.)

Hope you all like it.

Reactions: Mp4

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
awesome , plus 1 my friend

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmmm... now I'm getting cornfused. From everything I've read, the wallpapers are supposed to be 1024x1024. However, there is no storage directory for wallpapers. Instead, they are included in the launcher.apk in the res/drawable-hdpi directory. It looks like most are straight from the sdk, and the hdpi versions are 980x800 with a thumbnail version of each at 170 wide.

So, so far, we're stuck with a 1024x600 crop of whatever picture we want to add externally.

I'll have to do some experimenting later and see if I can drop some new files into and reinstall the launcher. I may resize some or all of the files in the drawable-mdpi directory (640x480, and most are different pics than the hdpi) and see if it will see them. It also looks as if a wallpapers.xml file needs to be edited to add new entries. update: it doesn't seem as if the launcher in BC has the wallpapers.xml file included

Maybe Roebeet or someone else familiar with the file layouts can chime in here somewhere and clarify it a bit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts