Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Botched Rooting on a S-GT 10.1 P7500R 4G - Need guidance on Recovery

I wanted to root my S-GT 10.1 (P7500R) 4G so that I could run the "MirrorOp - Sender" app. The app needs root access.

My S-GT 10.1 was at the latest Canadian FW update of And 3.2.

I looked around for Rooting instructions and came across this link. Root and ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G/4G GT-P7500

I followed the instructions for the 4G device to the letter and now I seem to be in a boot loop with no more access to recovery. I can access the "Download update" option but I have no idea what file if any to use. If I select the left side icon (the Box) it just starts booting.

So here is what I see.

It boots to the "Samsung Tab 10.1" this then goes away and the screen remains back-lit. This last for a while and then the "Samsung Tab 10.1" returns and the unit goes dark for a while and then the process starts over.

I followed the instructions as stated under the 4G part of the set which was place the Kernal.zip and "recovery.zip" on the root of the internal memory. Then using the recovery procedure - select the left side (the box icon) and apply the process to load and flash the Kernal from sdcard. Then do the same for the Recovery file and then select re-boot the device. All from recovery menu. That's when the loop started.

I have tried doing a reset (Hold power + Vol dwn) for over 20 secs. device still loops.

Any ideas on how to get out of this would be appreciated.

Note My daughter has the same identical tablet - is it possible to take a copy of the OS from it and apply it through the Download - update option?

Note: the unit is no longer visible on my laptop. I also have the "USB kit" which allows a thumb drive to be plugged in. May be this can be used for doing an update.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had several post on various forums. I received guidance on this post. My link and it worked very well. No personal file lost at all.

I am sure I would have had a response here as well. I am posting this link in the event that someone else needs the help.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still looking for a rooting procedure and files for my P7500 wifi/4g Galaxy Tab 10. Now that I can recover I wish to go forward and root it so that I can run apps that need root access such as "mirror op sender".

Has anyone discovered a process for this tablet?

John

PS I retried the procedure mentioned in my post at top two more times with the same results. It just doesn't work on my tab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts