Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make the boot up time shorter ?
Cm 7 was fantastic 30 seconds
Gtacomb 3.3 is a longer 1 min 15 secs
No bootup logo or maybe no hannsspree logo or maybe something else (an app)
Or maybe a defrag of the pads memory ? ?
Hope there's an easy way. If there is one

·
Registered
211 Posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905538

I find using particles2 from the above, speeds up boot times alot, strange thing is that it really speeds up titan and tntlite insanely, and yet is larger in size than their original bootanimation.zip (funny thing is I think it's hannstitan uses particles1 as its boot animation).

Or maybe a defrag of the pads memory ? ?
You'd do more harm than good to your flash memory if you defragged it because of the way files get stored, it's true there are now programs emerging that do allow safe flash defragging but I gather the benefits are so small that they're not worth using.

Chief

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have tryed the boot animation it just loops over and over and still takes 1min 15 sec
I think it would be the same time with a still pic or is there a line you can change in program?
also can I get rid of the word Android that appears for a few secs at the vey start after the hannspree logo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Odd, mind you I added it to the .zip file before flashing the rom, and don't have it on atm as I've been rom changing all day (and thanks to your post I'm definately! going to backup the tablet before trying the animation again).

As to the word android, bootanimations are just multiple image files (in the case of particles2, I had a look and it's all jpegs) so any image editor (even ms paint) will be able to remove the 'android' for you.

Chief

·
Registered
82 Posts
Odd, mind you I added it to the .zip file before flashing the rom, and don't have it on atm as I've been rom changing all day (and thanks to your post I'm definately! going to backup the tablet before trying the animation again).

As to the word android, bootanimations are just multiple image files (in the case of particles2, I had a look and it's all jpegs) so any image editor (even ms paint) will be able to remove the 'android' for you.

Chief
the word andriod is part of the rom i think its in normal text (small )and appears for about 15 seconds just after the hanpree logo and then its gos to what ever aninmation you put on (i used the google gears one)
but fron start to finish it takes 1 min 15 secs whatever bootanimation i use
may it be something to do with clockwork mod ?

·
Registered
805 Posts
just delete the bootanimation.zip completely, without the bootanimation, mine takes about 20 seconds from first showing the HannsPad splash screen.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just delete the bootanimation.zip completely, without the bootanimation, mine takes about 20 seconds from first showing the HannsPad splash screen.
i did this and now it still takes 1 min 15 sec but just a black after the hannspad logo
ov im using gtabcomb 3.3 will it work on this rom ?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
boot time is dependent on how many apps you have installed...
purely and simply, lots of apps = lots of dexing=slower boots

there is the htc "hibernate" mode which I think cyanogen copied, but it never seemed to take off.

fwiw I'm booting a 3.2 kernel at the moment (no I'm not publishing it till more things work!)
the actual main boot animation shows for about 3 seconds, after the main kernel/init screen has gone. but it has virtually nothing in it apps wise

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's what i was experiencing.
Made a lot of tests with different bootanimations (empty ones, just 1 frame, few frames, long ones) and the boot time didn't really change.
I came to the conclusion that it's only shown as a stanby mode, while performing actions in the background.
Think of it as a nice way to wait

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i do think its sloppy.

a better way of handling post first boot would be to have a db of all installed apps, and just flag ones that have been altered.

these could then be prcessed on boot..

·
Registered
29 Posts
fards: i dont think its as simple as a need for checking for new apps, some apps do things on start up, so i imagine android has to go through your apps and check for any services to start etc.

Also things like init'ing your homescreen / app drawer takes longer more apps you have.

Another thing - if wifi is turned on during boot - android calls any apps that have a broadcast receiver bound to 'wifi on', and so on.

off topic: would be interesting to know what installed apps are linked to the various broadcasts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
fards: i dont think its as simple as a need for checking for new apps, some apps do things on start up, so i imagine android has to go through your apps and check for any services to start etc.

Also things like init'ing your homescreen / app drawer takes longer more apps you have.

Another thing - if wifi is turned on during boot - android calls any apps that have a broadcast receiver bound to 'wifi on', and so on.

off topic: would be interesting to know what installed apps are linked to the various broadcasts
all of which could be cleaned and simplified, at the moment its a pretty crude start up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts