Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have got my eken M003 with dead NAND flash. Unfortunately, I have no opportunity to bay K9GAG08U0M and Hynix H27UAG8T2ATR desoldered from usb-flash drive is one block smaller, according to erase_flash message. So, we have one M003 brick without NAND - the last chance is to boot from microSD :DLest's go:Download linux distribution from hereYou'll need fatpart.tgz and extpart.tgzPartition you microSD card:1) Make first FAT partition >= 32Mb (I've made 256Mb).2) Make ext2 partition (the rest of the card). 3) Mount them (let's assume /mnt/fat /mnt/ext).4) Unpack the content:#tar -xzvf fatpart.tgz -C /mnt/fat#tar -pxzvf extpart.tgz -C /mnt/ext5) Get the original M003 firmware.6) Replace kernel on /mnt/fat with one from M003 firmware (uzImage.bin).7) Edit cmd file from FAT partition (/mnt/fat/script/cmd), add new line before lcdinit:setenv lcdparam 1,40000,8,800,600,20,46,210,10,23,128) Run make_scriptcmd:#cd /mnt/fat#./make_scriptcmds (!!! It shoult be run on linux host!!!)9) Unmount /mnt/fat /mnt/ext10) Insert card into M003 and boot it.You should see linux booting ;)Attache USB keyboard and login!

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote name='alex_grach;10736]So' date=' I have got my eken M003 with dead NAND flash.[/QUOTE']I worked in Electronic manufacturing and I can tell you defective part is rare but shitty solder joints from an Asian manufacturer is quite common. Better inspect the NAND chip with a magnifier and see if everything is soldered correctly. In doubt, just reheat the solder joints.and Booting from SD is VERY good news as adding support for a screen keyboard ( xvkbd ) and LXDE window managerLOTS of work has been done for the arm based Nokia N770-N800-N810 using Debian as a base

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smog;10738]I worked in Electronic manufacturing and I can tell you defective part is rare but shitty solder joints from an Asian manufacturer is quite common. Better inspect the NAND chip with a magnifier and see if everything is soldered correctly. In doubt said:
I have tried it. Unfortunatelly my NAND is 100% dead! Only replacement!!!
and Booting from SD is VERY good news as adding support for a screen keyboard ( xvkbd ) and LXDE window manager
I have managed to run LXDE without any problems. Xorg works out of the box, you don't even need to correct xorg.conf. Touchscreen does not work for now, but I had no time to play with it. I'll write short instruction on playing with X later....
LOTS of work has been done for the arm based Nokia N770-N800-N810 using Debian as a base
May be some day I'll install it on my N770

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to run Linux according to your walk-through. I believe everything is done right. Everything except for the fat extraction was done as root. My M003 just stays with a black screen and only the thin bar with a scrolling green bar like it is loading. It boots normally without the MicroSD card.As a side note, it took a bit to figure partitioning the card. I used G-Parted and created a partition table on a 1GB card. The created a 32 MB FAT16 Partition, and the rest created an EXT2 Partition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='steelneo;11690]I tried to run Linux according to your walk-through. I believe everything is done right. Everything except for the fat extraction was done as root. My M003 just stays with a black screen and only the thin bar with a scrolling green bar like it is loading. It boots normally without the MicroSD card.As a side note' date=' it took a bit to figure partitioning the card. I used G-Parted and created a partition table on a 1GB card. The created a 32 MB FAT16 Partition, and the rest created an EXT2 Partition.[/QUOTE'] I'd tried, with the same result. Black screen and thin bar.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Where you able to get Debian to work properly? I've used it on my Nokia N800 (400mhz 128mb 4" tablet) and its usable if your really patient. If you are using Debian, is your desktop screen resolution at 800x600? That would be great since M003 looks to be a good color ebook reader. I read on Pandigital and its sold as a color ebook reader, but its a low power Android tablet. Too bad its not stable when hacked to run as Tablet. I think Debian armel vs Android would be a great comparison. Both have boat load of apps, your thread seems to be the start point.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What does not work?installation?boot after installation?consider that if you have a 800x600 (M003) before you put lcdparam lcdinit in the file "cmd" script that is in the fat partitionyou should format all in fat, with software that is compatible with the FAT which allows the boot script on startup.I have extracted all the PCs in both files that are in the fat partition that those who are in the ext partition, and then I copied everything in its partitions to the file ext you must be root on the terminal to copy.I then simply added to form the network adapter.I have configured wpa supplicant and I associated with my access pointand then I made a dhclient to retrieve an ipafter I installed xorg + xfce4installing the info I got from this discussion:http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...M9715-Touch-amp-Audio-Driver-preconfigurationwhere it does not work exactly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello..i've tried the desmo method (using the same uzimage.bin thing) and the original method proposed by alex_grach... so, i would like to report them and see if anyone can help me ( or us ! )(desmo) after turning on the m003, the android logo is shown, then only blank screen can be seen. no nothing, no error. i suspect it's the boot after installation..(alex_grach) after turning on the m003, the android logo is shown, then the screen blank & show the loading bar, for a veeeeeerrryyy long time...im curious.. desmo, u flash your NAND? from your post, it seems that you flash yours.. i think i don't want to mess around with my NAND, and until i can find a very good wifi connection, i can't install xorg or lxde. so, my m003 will stuck at console.. so, flashing my NAND would be very baddd..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,currently I'm doing some research in the net about how to make a Debian run on the Gome Flytouch. I know this thread is for other tablet, but since it's the most complete I found regarding installing Debian here I am.I will try using this steps, I was trying by my own but didn't work. One doubt I have is, if this makes the tablet boot from SD without touching the ROM, since I don't want the current Android to get overwritten -at least for now :DIs it safe to boot with this? Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.