Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
worked great! I love the dev teams, but I don't necessarily enjoy staring at their names for 5 seconds every time I boot up.
Amen to that one bro...

Keep up the great work, I especially like the dark themes images....time to replace my G Tabs DRH animation....lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amen to that one bro...

Keep up the great work, I especially like the dark themes images....time to replace my G Tabs DRH animation....lol
Problem here....update.zip didn't change my boot image....perhaps the image I am trying to replace is actually in a different partition now, as seeing I repartitioned my drive before installing DRH`s ICS 4.0.3....

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Problem here....update.zip didn't change my boot image....perhaps the image I am trying to replace is actually in a different partition now, as seeing I repartitioned my drive before installing DRH`s ICS 4.0.3....

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks....
update.zip isn't how you change the boot animation. You will need to use NVFlash from a PC connected to your GTab. Do a little more reading in the OP and you should figure it out. I'm running the latest beta 1.0 from DRH and it worked just fine for me. Just remember the image you use has to be 1025x655 and a .bmp file named logo.bmp in the same folder as the NVFlash .bat file

·
Registered
109 Posts

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks....
If you're using DRH's ICS ROM, there is no second boot logo. It's just the three birds and then it goes straight to the boot animation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, my bad....it does flash the birds, the the DRH boot animation...any tips on replacing the said animation?

Thanks,
kc6331

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, my bad....it does flash the birds, the the DRH boot animation...any tips on replacing the said animation?

Thanks,
kc6331
You need Root Explorer if you want to replace the boot animation. Using Root Explorer, go to the "system" folder, and then the "media" folder. In there is a zip file named "bootanimation.zip." Replace that with any boot animation you want, but make sure it's renamed to "bootanimation.zip."

On my gTab, I replaced the default boot animation with the Galaxy Nexus ICS boot animation. I've uploaded it in case you want to use it as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need Root Explorer if you want to replace the boot animation. Using Root Explorer, go to the "system" folder, and then the "media" folder. In there is a zip file named "bootanimation.zip." Replace that with any boot animation you want, but make sure it's renamed to "bootanimation.zip."

On my gTab, I replaced the default boot animation with the Galaxy Nexus ICS boot animation. I've uploaded it in case you want to use it as well.
Thanks for the upload @Nash!
I really dig the animation.

I'm running Team DRH's ICS 1.0 beta and used Ghost Commander to rename/replace my bootanimation.zip file. It gives the user Root access also; with an added bonus of having a dual screen layout for file transfering. Changing the root access from 'Read Only' to 'ReWritable(?)' is a simple button-click/press/touch.

Now if I could only feel confident enough to swap out those pesky birds... I'm too uncomfortable using NVFlash for anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the upload @Nash!
I really dig the animation.

I'm running Team DRH's ICS 1.0 beta and used Ghost Commander to rename/replace my bootanimation.zip file. It gives the user Root access also; with an added bonus of having a dual screen layout for file transfering. Changing the root access from 'Read Only' to 'ReWritable(?)' is a simple button-click/press/touch.

Now if I could only feel confident enough to swap out those pesky birds... I'm too uncomfortable using NVFlash for anything.
Have a look at this post. You can change the 3 birds image with an installable .zip using the attachment in that post, just delete the included image and put whatever image you want to use into it (make sure it is a 24-bit 1024x600 .bmp image) and flash with CWM. You might have to remove the signature files from the META-INF folder if you change the image.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Changing the three birds boot screen is really easy with NVFlash. It'll literally take only a few seconds once you have it all set up and the picture ready. Just follow this guide on gTab for Dummies:

http://viewsonic-gtablet-for-dummies.webs.com/apps/blog/categories/show/1101879-01-change-vs-logo-

NVFlash may be a bit intimidating initially, but just read up on it. Once you learn it, it's pretty simple. And you won't ever have to worry about screwing anything up or bricking your device because NVFlash will get you out of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The attached .bmp is one I made to replace the three birds. I have it named as "Pandy.bmp" but you can obviously use your own .bmp just change the name in the attached nvflash command line. Place the chosen .bmp file in same folder as your nvflash files.

To install it ..... Connect your GTab to your PC in APX mode. On PC in command prompt window change directory to folder where you have nvflash..... Type the following command.....

nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 6 pandy.bmp

This only works if your Partition 6 is your BLO partition. To find out your partitions type nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --getpartitiontable gtab_part_table..... This command creates a text file named "gtab_part_table" showing your partitions.

Your birds are now gone for ever.

View attachment Pandy.bmp

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts