Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
IIRC, Android 1.5 has a very limited Bluetooth support, so even if an externat BT dongle is recognized by the aPad, I don't think there's much use for it. When/if we get a Android 1.6 (or later) firmware upgrade, things will change.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... Thanks for the replies. But with all the users here of the apad, I am surprised that no one is experimenting with bluetooth and modding to get it working. I hope there is more development in that regard otherwise I would be looking for a tablet with BT as this is a needed component.

·
Registered
254 Posts
[quote name='dinsight3fl;9858] a tablet with BT as this is a needed component.[/QUOTE]For what? Like I said' date=' Android 1.5 has [I']limited[/I] BT capabilities, but they might be enough for your use.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For What?:Bluetooth to connect wireless audio output... like in Headphones. BT for file transfer. BT for adapting to 3G phone accessories that are being devloped (FLEX), BT for gps module, Bluetooth to interface with on board vehicle systems..... Just to name a few.

·
Registered
254 Posts
In short you want all BT profiles working then. As I got the impression BT was a dealbreaker for you, I thought you had a special use for it in mind. Then no, 1.5 only supports A2DP and AVCRP (and HSP)With Android 2.1 Bluetooth 2.1 comes along with OPP and PBAP

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ZilverZurnfarn. You are quite knowledgable and I appreciate your information on the various levels of BT integration on Android!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ZilverZurnfarn, can Android 1.5 support for BT in printing? Like apad to able to bt with my printer or directly with usb. Any way to make it happen?Thanks is advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts