Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just wonder if anyone tried to connect external GPS unit via bluetooth to Hannspad?
I got mine somewhere and wanted to try myself but can not find it at the moment.
I am starting this topic to save some time and effort to "locate" my lost GPS unit if it comes out "not working" and I am still using stock ROM if that makes any difference.
Thanks for all info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Just wonder if anyone tried to connect external GPS unit via bluetooth to Hannspad?
I got mine somewhere and wanted to try myself but can not find it at the moment.
I am starting this topic to save some time and effort to "locate" my lost GPS unit if it comes out "not working" and I am still using stock ROM if that makes any difference.
Thanks for all info.
Bluetooth gps by googoo android works perfectly for me with my old palm gps.

Alex

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put on Copilot on my hannspad with my old bluetooth gps receiver, at first wouldnt connect to gps receiver then I installed Bluetooth gps provider from market & all is running fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have tried to do the same with cowrong and bluetooth gps provider on the hannspad, the gps connects to bluetooth gps provider and I can see coordinates but I can't get copilot to see it, can anyone think what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have tried to do the same with cowrong and bluetooth gps provider on the hannspad, the gps connects to bluetooth gps provider and I can see coordinates but I can't get copilot to see it, can anyone think what I am doing wrong?
copilot found it straight away. you are leaving bluetooth gps provider running ? no task killer killing app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep leaving bluetooth gps provider running and no task killer app. Using a bt338 external gps waiting until coordinates appear in bluetooth gps provider then opening copilot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting satnav application on a Hannspad.
I am running on stock ie out of the box Hannspad and have not tried with custom roms as yet.

Requirements
Bluetooth gps mouse
I am using a "Globalsat BT-338" mouse I have been using for 8 years;
but it can be found on fleabay for around £20.

App "Bluetooth Gps Provider" (the market)

Copilot live 8 (torrents are your friend)

Install:
1 Bluetooth GPS Provider
2 Install Co-pilot.

Run in this order
1 charge and switch on GPS mouse (globalsat has a swith others possibly not)
2 switch on bluetooth(BT) on your pad: settings- wireless & networks - bluetooth.
3 pair the mouse in BT settings (just below the switch on BT above) globalsat key is 0000.
4 back out using the return key
5 Run Bluetooth GPS Provider(BT-G-P) press start (go outside with mouse and tablet for quicker lock-on)
after variable length of time depending when mouse was last used you will get
bars showing BT-G-P picking up sats. wait for a good signal say 7 sats.

6 press the home button to leave BT-G-P running.

7 Run Copilot. follow setup for country time date etc choose voice.
let it download your voice and restart.
8 then menu right arrow twice to "get maps"
9 Choose the map you want UK & Ireland (244mB) or Western Europe (1.7GB) whatever

Copilot says downloading have patience took 1 hour on my 30MB link.
When it says finished downloading it will request to restart.
Restart it will unpack map and your good to go.

My next challenge is IGO for Android but it is having a problem finding the sd card.

Besb

·
Registered
13 Posts
IGO 8
Ok Next Satnav navigation app for the hannspad

In this case you search for
IGOMyway_8.4.2.13942_thin_v1.2.apk
or subsequent versions v1.3.1, 1.4, 1.6 which are later and offer a few improvements
You also really require the maripul skin which will be contained in a file data.gro
this skin gives a resolution 960x550 landscape or portrait are enabled perfect on the hannspad.
install as copilot above.
search for and add your own maps as required.
All mine came off my little 3.5 gps I had purchased running win ce5 so your on your own with this.
add speed cam , voices, poi's to your heart's content.
In my opinion this one is better than copilot but I know others may prefer the latter.

Ignoring satnav apps; using a BT mouse really does add to the hannspad experience.
Google maps earth etc com alive - great fun tracking your position on a plane journey,
when you have run out of videos to watch or games to play.

besb

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you want to use an android phone like a GPS........ you need to install on your android phone
GPS BLUETOOTH DI USCITA
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.meowsbox.btgps

then you need to activate gps and bluetooth, and then you can run the app.
you must ability bluetooth on tablet and make it discoverable.

then, from the app on the phone, you need to do the PAIRING between the two devices.
After this, you need to install on tablet the app: BLUETOOTH GPS
https://market.android.com/details?id=googoo.android.btgps

and to connect the tablet with your phone.
Gradually, you can see the fix both on the telephone and on tablet.

The app on tablet, works in background. so you can use the gps software.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can you tell what is better in this navigation?
is it more accurate or more detailed maps?
I have just installed copilot 8 following your instructions and will check how it works in "real life"
if you make post some cons and pros summary for copilot and IGO I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance

IGO 8
Ok Next Satnav navigation app for the hannspad

In this case you search for
IGOMyway_8.4.2.13942_thin_v1.2.apk
or subsequent versions v1.3.1, 1.4, 1.6 which are later and offer a few improvements
You also really require the maripul skin which will be contained in a file data.gro
this skin gives a resolution 960x550 landscape or portrait are enabled perfect on the hannspad.
install as copilot above.
search for and add your own maps as required.
All mine came off my little 3.5 gps I had purchased running win ce5 so your on your own with this.
add speed cam , voices, poi's to your heart's content.
In my opinion this one is better than copilot but I know others may prefer the latter.

Ignoring satnav apps; using a BT mouse really does add to the hannspad experience.
Google maps earth etc com alive - great fun tracking your position on a plane journey,
when you have run out of videos to watch or games to play.

besb

·
Registered
13 Posts
GRD Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:42 AM
can you tell what is better in this navigation?
is it more accurate or more detailed maps?
I have just installed copilot 8 following your instructions and will check how it works in "real life"
if you make post some cons and pros summary for copilot and IGO I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance
Not in great detail as once I got IGO running OK I have stuck with it.
I use TomTom and IGo on my small in car satnav. (winCE5)

against
1 IGO really needs your mouse to lock onto about 7 sats before being really accurate about 3 metres as opposed to 10.
2 android version lacks the cockpit screen that gives max speed average speed, stationary screen etc.etc. that the winCE version does

for Map accuracy depends on the latest map version but Igo will run Teleatlas and navteq maps fine.
Both have their fans and navteq appears a little more detailed.
Speed cams work fine.
And one item I particular I like is that you do not have to litter your map with pois
just click on the search in the quick menu (mariupol skin) and you get a list come up of
all the poi's within 1 km, 5km, 15km of your current location using teleatlas premium pois.
besb

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not in great detail as once I got IGO running OK I have stuck with it.
I use TomTom and IGo on my small in car satnav. (winCE5)

against
1 IGO really needs your mouse to lock onto about 7 sats before being really accurate about 3 metres as opposed to 10.
2 android version lacks the cockpit screen that gives max speed average speed, stationary screen etc.etc. that the winCE version does

for Map accuracy depends on the latest map version but Igo will run Teleatlas and navteq maps fine.
Both have their fans and navteq appears a little more detailed.
Speed cams work fine.
And one item I particular I like is that you do not have to litter your map with pois
just click on the search in the quick menu (mariupol skin) and you get a list come up of
all the poi's within 1 km, 5km, 15km of your current location using teleatlas premium pois.
besb
I tried everything here and other GPs apps for ages and could never get any success with my HTC desire HD phone (for GPS).

Today I tried GPS Tether App in market. You install it on phone and on haanspad.
On phone , click on "start server" (make sure GPS and bluetooth are on)
On tablet , click on "start client" (make sure GPS an d bluetooth are on -and mock location is selected)

Wait a few minutes till sat lock and its brill!!! 10 inch google maps and google navigation etc

Its so easy and works so well , I instantly bought the paid version (£1.95) as the lite on stops after 5 minutes, but you can just press start again if you don't want to pay a few pounds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts