Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all - i am following the community here since a while. it's really amazing whats going on with all the custom rom - really cool ;)today i received my apad from merimobiles.com. the first thing i was looking for was the color of the charging-indicator - it's blue - dooh!
as i read in some other posts here the blue one is a newer revision and most of the custom ROMs will not work on it.)so for me and maybe for other users - which firmware can i use without having serious troubles like no WiFi or a not working touchscreen?apad infos:BLUE LEDmodelnumber: sdkDemofirmware-version: 1.5kernel-version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)build-number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100612.025602the main reason why i would like to flash a new firmware is that i have sometimes really bad WiFi-issues (connection interrupts very often...) as far as i could follow the user-experiences here this issue is solved by roger's firmware - but will it work for my blue-led apad?so far, thank you for the upcoming answers! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you - so the wifi-issue isn't a software-problem? its a hardware issue which cannot be corrected by any rom - if i understood it correctly.but the 0630CN rom will work so far, except Wifi? touchscreen and everything else will work?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mine are in the box, waiting for UPS, but i do recall the screen doesn't seem to want to rotate with 0630. The original version of '0612' on it is nowhere to be found, but can be butchered together i think from a 0630 kernel and 0612 system image.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after contacting merimobiles.com for a refund the customer-support told me that they will receive a new firmware next week which is correcting the wifi-issue. they will share with us as soon as they get the firmware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my apad from Merimobiles a couple of days ago, I've noticed a few posts about them carrying blue led model, well mine has red led. Apparently they are now refusing to ship blue led and you've been unlucky in the sense that they only shipped 15. Maybe if you contact Phillip from Merimobiles on slatedroid forums he might arrange an exchange. Merimobiles have a brilliant customer service so you might get lucky. I can't fault them so far.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Alright people , as Meri said in previous post that if they do not find a acceptable firmware they will refund your purchase also they no longer carry the blue light Apads. Be patient I'm sure we will find a solution even if it means a refund is in order.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.