Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Apad from DX yesterday. I've tried a few firmware, but the only one with working Wifi is the original one. Hence I'm stuck with it.But I noticed that my Apad gets real warm even in standby and the battery runs flat in about 3 hours.Anyone have any tips to maximize the battery life?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have switched to rogerbraun's Blue Apad Led firmware. It's working normally now but minus Wireless access :SUsing it primarily as an eBook reader now and a video player for my boy

·
Registered
101 Posts
It sounds like it's actually caused by the Wifi not turning of while in standby, especially now that makando's problem is gone since the wifi doesn't work anymore.ilja (and makando if you get it working again):You could try to turn of the wifi before you put it in standby (there's lot's of easy toggle widgets in the market) and see if it makes a difference. It's not a fix but at least you might finds out the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
McMadd is probably right. I switched to Xaueious' 0.3 TestROM which got the wifi working for a while.Wifi works after I turned on USB host. But after a reboot, the wifi tried to turn on while USB host was off. It fails and refuses to turn off even manually. At this point, the top left hand corner where I presume is where the wifi chip is located will run hot even in standby.I have switched back to RogerBraun's firmware again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Support - The Tablet Store. good evening/day to all who read this post. I have tried almost all the blue led rom's outthere and it is my humble opinion that the best,stable,fastest . Wifi working ro Can be downloaded from here Support - The Tablet Store At the bottom of the page. The second file worked wonders for me, first blueled had no wifi you must enable usb host option must be ticked before wifi works L

·
Registered
2 Posts
Support - The Tablet Store. good evening/day to all who read this post. I have tried almost all the blue led rom's outthere and it is my humble opinion that the best,stable,fastest . Wifi working ro Can be downloaded from here Support - The Tablet Store At the bottom of the page. The second file worked wonders for me, first blueled had no wifi you must enable usb host option must be ticked before wifi works L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.