Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Eken M001 a month ago and everything was running without a hitch. However, I go to turn it on yesterday and...those light's at the bottom right corner blink blue three times and then the tablet simply dies. I've tried pushing the reset button, pushing the power and home button at the same time (to see if it would load in safe mode likehappens on some of the android phones) but nothing's working. Any ideas on what those lights mean and/or how to get the tablet to work again? thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
probably the battery isnt properly connected inside which is why it wont let you charge, and maybe the reason for the blue light is the bat is slightly connected and is sending minimal amounts of signal fooling the device that it is being charged when it actually isnt?JUST A REALLY WILD GUESS lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I opened up the back and checked the wiring. The wires seemed to be connected...but for simplicity, I unplugged the wiring from the battery and plugged it back in just to be sure. Alas, it didn't work...BUT I think what I'm going to do next is get a new AC adaptor. I've noticed in other threads that the adaptors are prone to failing for whatever reason, so maybe my tablet somehow drained its battery overnight-which is a definite possibility-and only has enough energy to blink its blue lights three times...:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I got the new charger and that didn't work either. After reading some more of the other threads, I've determined my device is what other members are calling "bricked." Oh well, I guess the saying, "You win some, you lose some" is fitting. Into the trash it goes....but first I'm going to introduce it to my friend...the hammer:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the blue light when my charger was putting out too little voltage. Did you get a replacement Eken charger, or an aftermarket? I'd recommend shelling out the $$ for an aftermarket one. I got a multi-voltage one at Walmart for US$15. I'm sure they are available on Ebay for much less. The Eken units are just too unreliable. Even if it puts out 9vdc on the multimeter, it may not do so when charging.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.