Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why this took a week for me to realize, but ADB over WiFi is a really bad idea from a security standpoint.If you have the Black PDN, unhacked or not, ADB over WiFi is currently enabled. What this means is that if you are on a public WiFi network and someone knew your IP address and had access to the ADB tools, they could connect to your device using ADB (no userID/password authentication at all). That basically gives them the "keys to the kingdom" - they could wipe /system, they could copy files off your SD card to their machine, they could grab your local WLAN password from /data, etc. etc. You get the idea. Granted, this is a lot of "if's" but it's still a security hole - and, you don't even have access to disable it, if you wanted to.I already checked my white PDN and this is not enabled by default. I have no idea if this is the norm on 1.x devices, or maybe the black PDN developers are just inept.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, it means that the black PDN is also hackable. I used wifi to connect to the device with adb and install "Volume Buttons Hack" and "Panda Home" according to "How to Hack the Novel" by Nate the great. Unfortunately, "91PandaHome" is not responding. Although, I see the Panda home screen instead of default PDN screen.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am shocked and apalled at the colorcism that has been happening in the forums of recent. People should be ashamed of themselves. ;) jk..."come on people now.. smile on your brother.. everyone get together.. la la la la la..."

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I have a dream that my PDN will one day live in a virtual world where it will not be judged by the color of it's plastic casing, but by the content of it's firmware.
~Marty Luther, King of the Hackers

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
That fake tanning paint don't work. You'll end up with an orange PDN, which is only cool if you're a Cleveland Browns fan.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
No more racist PDN comments, then - I'll call it the "underpowered unsecured cheap-feeling Novel". :)Btw, to reply to sasha's comment -- the only launcher I could get to work was "simplehome", which I zipped up with the volume hack for the UUCF Novel.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
clockworx;53643 said:
My favorite black PDN hack:1) Place securely in box with all accessories.2) Take it to your place of purchase.3) They will give you MONEY for it.
Uh... They give you YOUR money for it... Banks give you your money and a pathetic amount of interest too... better deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.