Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be grateful to know if anyone has actually purchased a Black Novel and where they purchased it. I have been to several Kohls and BBB in the NJ, PA and Md areas and no one in either chain has any idea when the black model will be in store.Thanks

· Registered
361 Posts
I suspect that, if stores bring it in, it will be the end of the white PDN. Being so similar, I can't see retailers carrying both SKUs. With the type of retailers selling the PDN, I can't imagine them carrying a large inventory of this type product. Maybe a Fry's type store, but not a BB&B or Kohls. Other than the blackie being a cost reduced model, I don't understand why PD is releasing it.

· Registered
396 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;43611]Other than the blackie being a cost reduced model' date=' I don't understand why PD is releasing it.[/QUOTE'] I suspect we can see the beginning of the end of support for the PDN-W with the release of the black models. They'll still stand by them for those of us who are willing to play the shipping and handling game, but the ease at which we've been able to make exchanges when something crops up (like the cracking plastic) will be at an end.At least that's what makes sense to me.--bornagainpenguin

· Registered
179 Posts
Guess the only good thing - if they do start phasing it out - might be some even sweeter deals on the PDN-W w.r.t. sale prices and rebates. I'd buy a bunch for family and friends as presents if I could get them for ~$50 final price...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.