Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know this info is probably all here somewhere on this site, but to be honest, I have never worked with droid before nor am I an expert on "hacking, rooting etcetera," but what is necessary to hack the PDN from my Mac? I work at Macy's and we recently got in some PDNs and with all my discounts I can pickup one for less than $80, however I wanted to make sure I could optimize its performance and download my favorite apps and such all via my Mac. I combed through the message boards and most of the posts were helpful but seemed to relate to hacking the PDN via a PC/Windows. I did find this bit of info but was unsure if it was all I needed to know:"How to install .apk on a mac creds goes to sharpfork2 and mrchetProtip: You don't need drivers for mac1. instal the sdk for mac2. launch terminal3. if you are not sure how to launch adb from the terminal, drag the app on the terminal window and it will show the path4. use that path + any adb commands you want5. if you want the path to your apk on the mac to instal it, drag it on the windowThat's essentially it. It's easier to install on the mac since there are no driver woes. Just download the sdk, uncompress and connect the PDN via USB. You can then cd to the sdk tools directory and run this from the command prompt in terminal:./adb install (nameofapk).apkexample:./adb install YouTube.apkThis assumes you put the apk in the same tools directory. If you are storing your apks somewhere else then use:./adb install pathWhereApkFilesare/(nameofapk).apkexample:./adb instasll home/joeblow/android/apks/YouTube.apkYou can also add the tools directory to your path. Then you could run adb from anywhere and not have to prepend ./"My question is, is that all I need to know in order to effectively hack the PDN on my Mac? Or do I still need to download the PandaHome screen, volume hack, and all the other stuff found in the standard PC directions? I was looking at the consolidated installer hack posted here by enjoys1 but it seemed like it would probably work only on a PC. A definitive but simple Mac hack answer would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You can fix almost anything with a reflash. Why not take a swing and see?once you have the volume hack, an alternate home, and an internal apk installer on the device, you can install apks to it without a computer, so I would tell you to do look into the volume hack. I am embarrassed by my lack of mac experience, but there is a way you can run simple bat and exe files on a mac, which should allow you to find a way to do the volume hack. I know there's a mac hacker on here somewhere. I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I hacked my PDN with Ubuntu which is my main system. It sounds like your instructions for MacOS are very similar to Ubuntu, and with that in mind I think you've got it down. You could also try a firmware mod such as mine, since it's completely OS-agnostic.Btw, a Mac is a PC (just a pet peeve of mine).
I actually have two hackintoshes and an old iMac, so I guess you could consider me a Mac user.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.