Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blankyj;17125 said:
did you already install a home replacement on the device? If so you can just install another media player to play your preferred format instead of converting each video.
Yes I did. I hadn't thought about looking for an alternative media player, do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried RockPlayer, its pretty buggy. So for the time being I'll just stick with MP4. I downloaded mediacoder, but the Novel didn't like the resulting file. What are the best settings for MP4 files, resolution, bitrate, audio format, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='ofacto;17326]I tried RockPlayer' date=' its pretty buggy. So for the time being I'll just stick with MP4. I downloaded mediacoder, but the Novel didn't like the resulting file. What are the best settings for MP4 files, resolution, bitrate, audio format, etc.[/QUOTE'] What issues are you having? Mine has been working rather well so far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been using a neat little program called "PS3 Video Converter" from a company called 4Media. I think it requires a small registration fee... I have had it long enough that I can't recall how much I paid for it. But it does the job well. And it works for many devices, not just PS3, that can use H.264 style mp4's. Which is what the ipod uses too, I think. Anyway this is a flexible converter program. They sell a full blown converter too, but it is way to complicated for me. This thing has various preconfigured profiles, and that makes it easy. I like it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
derelicte;17899 said:
does it have the extension mp4? handbrake outputs m4v files by default and the novel ignores those. change the extension to mp4 and the novel will see it.
Whooooo....Yodahman..... Thanks. never noticed it was m4v. Quick change of extension and works a treat.Brilliant... man , this wee Novel gets better by the minute and its still running the standard interface. Will eventually get round to doing the hack thing once I can get it away from the wife :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
[quote name='pawnslinger;17900]Yes' date=' PS3 Video Converter outputs files with the .mp4 extension.[/QUOTE'] I was responding to gortyargen, not you.if the novel can see the file but not play it, then you chose a profile that it doesn't support. It only seems to like the simpler, lower bitrate profiles, like those for ipods.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='ofacto;17746]Same here' date=' but my videos are standard res and the audio goes out of sync from time to time.[/QUOTE'] Makes sense since the Novel is not a high res device. Try a lower res video and maybe give SetCPU a look to help with the speed settings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='derelicte;17921]I was responding to gortyargen' date=' not you.if the novel can see the file but not play it, then you chose a profile that it doesn't support. It only seems to like the simpler, lower bitrate profiles, like those for ipods.[/QUOTE'] Your message followed mine, and you didn't include a quote... so it was a natural mistake for me to make. Sorry to offer my help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have AVS converters... I bought the main program a while back and it is great at making copies of movies and putting them in format for the iphone or the zune... or just about thwatever.Actual main software is called AVS4U Software Navigator and it includes various AVS inddividual programs to conver video, audio and the like.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.