Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would ask you guys as this is my first android (finally lost my android cherry)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300451855458&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:ITBuilt in Camera/Webcam/Video RecorderBrand new in box Android tablet PC otherwise known as the APAD or i-Robot. Excellent device for browsing the internet using a wi-fi connection, pre-loaded with lots of apps to get you started including youtube and gmail... more apps are available to download at the Android marketplace.This tablet device is real state of the art complete with ?dual core? Rockchip 2808 processor incorporating a 600MHz ARM9 core plus a 533 MHz Digital Signal Processor enabling real-time decoding of 720p video to a maximum of 2.5Mbit/s. It is the finest processor utilised so far in android tablets, providing supremely smooth video not like many others which present very inferior video performance with out of sync sound and broken video. RK2808 supports decoding for numerous types of video standards like H.264/RMVB/MPEG-4/AVS/WMV9 with software and dedicated co-processors. The best performance for video decoding using fluid replay is H.264 @ 1280 x 720 format. To achieve optimum results with Android encode the video as H.264 and then produce an MP4 file using software such as Daniusoft Media Converter Pro or the open source transcoder Handbrake.? WiFi (capable of 3G but disappointingly will only support particular modems which are not yet available in the UK yet. All modems 3G dongles in the UK are unsupported owing to unresolved driver issues. However, progress is perpetually ongoing and fast moving and we will be stocking a compatible 3G modem as soon as it is available.? Internet on the Move ? currently the best choice is MiFi modem proved by Network Three in UK? External buttons are for Menu, Back, Screen On/Off in addition to a physical power On/Off switch? 1.3 MP Camera/Webcam inbuilt to the front? Connections are for USB, headphones and power. The USB permits the table to be mounted like a flash drive from your PC. The USB will also support USB host permitting keyboards, mice and flash drives to be directly connected to the tablet.? In addition, there is a MicroSD slot supporting up to 16 GB cards (do not believe claims of 32GB support)? There is an inbuilt microphone and speakerIn the Box:1 x Androd Tablet (Apad)1 x Charger with UK 3 pin adapter. Charger is 110-240V so can be used worldwide with the right adapter * 1 x Mini USB to Standard USB female adapter so you can connect keyboard/mouse/flash etcDetailed specification:Dimension(H x W x D) 198 x 127 x 16.9mmWeight 408gCPU Processor Speed 600MHzMemory/ROM 2GB(2GB-8GB Optional)Memory/RAM 128MB,(256MB Optional)Memory Slot Micro SDCamera 1.3MPColor Display 7"TFT LCD with Resistance Touch ScreenResolution 800 x 480 Pixels (16:9)Battery Type Rechargeable Polymer BatteryBattery Capacity 3000mAhUSB Mini USB 2.0Speaker YesG Sensor YesI/O ports Mini USB 2.0,Micro SD slot,3.5mm HeadphoneBuild-in MicrophoneWireless Interface Wifi 802.11b/gPower Adaptor Input: 100-240V, 0.45A; Output: 5V, 2AOperating System Android 1.7Browser Google IE BrowserVideo MKV(H.264 HP),AVI,RM/RMVB,FLVMPEG-1,MPEG-2Music MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,AAC,AC3,WAVPhoto browser JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG,TIFFOffice Word, Eexel, Powerpoint, PDF,TXTEmail GmailCommunication MSN,Skype,G-talk etcE-book YesGPS Google mapLanguage Multi-language, English,French,German,Italian,Spanish etcThanks in advanceSCOTT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, got it from ebay seller and after playing with it for an hour it crashed and after a restart the screen was a mangled mess of pixels and colours Contacted user and he said they have had a faulty batch and i just send it back and i get a replacement. Have played with a lot of the Eken M001 (mates at work) and downloaded tons of stuff for them

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just got my new aPad (3 weeks ago) but am confuse how to recognize this thing. (the box is white plain with no manual book)i bought it from a local seller and he gave me this link in order for me to know about the product (but am getting it more confused).1. i don't know which developer this come from 2. said using RB ROM, with this details i got from About MID menu:---- Status > battery, signal, etc---- Legal information---- Contributors---- Model Number > aPad---- Firmware version > unknown---- Kernel Version > 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)---- Build number > RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303it has camera on front, and details on charger : - MOdel : JS-302I/P AC : 100-240VAC 50-60HzO/P DC: 5VDC 2000mAit has red LED on both charger and unit (when charging).could you please adv me what best/fits to upgrade the ROM (whether i have is the latest RB ROM and no need to upgrade ?) thanks in advance for your adv & replyPS: am truly blind with android OS, am sorry if you a bit confuse for my questionsedit: game farm frenzy and sudoku running in less than half screen (not full screen) what is wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
MageAndroid;47214]i just got my new aPad (3 weeks ago) but am confuse how to recognize this thing. (the box is white plain with no manual book)i bought it from a local seller and he gave me this [URL=http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_65&products_id=407][B]link[/B][/URL] in order for me to know about the product (but am getting it more confused).1. i don said:
About MID[/B] menu:---- Status > battery, signal, etc---- Legal information---- Contributors---- Model Number > aPad---- Firmware version > unknown---- Kernel Version > 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)---- Build number > RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303it has camera on front, and details on charger : - MOdel : JS-302I/P AC : 100-240VAC 50-60HzO/P DC: 5VDC 2000mAit has red LED on both charger and unit (when charging).could you please adv me what best/fits to upgrade the ROM (whether i have is the latest RB ROM and no need to upgrade ?) thanks in advance for your adv & replyPS: am truly blind with android OS, am sorry if you a bit confuse for my questionsedit: game farm frenzy and sudoku running in less than half screen (not full screen) what is wrong?
to fix the game issues go to (if i can remember has been a while), go to apps screen then look for spare parts (think that might be right) or it is in settings - has been a while, am using donaldson rom which doesnt have it/need itBy what you said it appears to be an apad v2, but without more info may be wrong, and you may be able to use the RB firmware. Have a search through he threads and do plenty of reading/researching before flashing though, you dont want to get it wrong.Can you take and post some pics of the device ?? it might also help

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi all , mingnonsince u guys have done the flashing b4, pls help to confirm these
in case i screw thing upI wanted to flash my apad (batch2-5v charger, red led light when charging,metallic casing, kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)and I found the instructions from Apad-scene: How to update aPad/Moonse/iRobot Firmware(good for me to follow ? )and the original (think it is, can anyone confirm this ?) which i like to backup in case I screw things upApad_iRobot_Update_0530-EN.zip - apad-irobot - Apad iRobot Update 0530 Batch 2 English (Android 1.5) - Project Hosting on Google Codeyour advice is greatly appreciatedThanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Hankssthe instructions look good, does your apad have a camera? I vaguely remember that there was a "batch one or V1" that didnt have a camera (maybe someone can help my dodgy memory)I honestly cant say if the link is for the original firmware, as soon as i got my V2 metal back, 5v red led with camera i flashed it with RB5.1 and didnt look back.At the moment am using donaldson's rom which is good to. pm me if you have any questions :) (sorry i couldnt be more use)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.