Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I prefer known brands, like for example SanDisk. I have had only once cheaper, fake SanDisk (chinese) and it stopped works for about one month. I do recommend you to buy something smaller (if you don't have enough money) but from store, with warranty. But if you can afford - buy big one, from the store as well.If you want to but it form Amazon, could you consider this one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-16GB-SDHC-Secure-Digital/dp/B001W1BSM0/ref=pd_cp_ce_1 I would like recommend you to read some reviews:
Sandisk make good quality kit, but there is a problem with SDHC in that you will probably need a SDHC card reader for your laptop/computer. I have 2 laptops 1 HP and a Toshiba both with SD card readers, neither like SDHC so I had to buy a USB SDHC reader and it works a treat. I will point out that this is not the fault of the card or card manufacturer, but if you have to have a bigger card then its new technology and you will need new kit, otherwise buy 2 2Gb cards they will be OK.
I see some bad reviews on SDHD cards this is because it is a new format, not all SD Card readers can see SD HD, even though they are physically identical. This includes new devices being sold here, read the device instructions / specifications first then place your order to make sure it will support the card, and don't be too surprised if you have an existing bit of kit that won't see it. If you have any doubts buy a 2Gb SD card as most SDHD readers are backwards compatible and will see it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I suggest staying away from any 4GB cards that have "C04G" printed on them. They will most likely be Kingston branded, but I have seen other unbranded versions of these cards as well. They have horrible read speeds and can cause problems in certain devices.Anyway, a little known fact about SD class ratings: The class rating has absolutely NOTHING to do with how fast the card can be read from; the rating only defines the minimum write speed.Here is a list of the minimum write speeds for each class....Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have more than one card, because I had some more cards before. I used small card (256 MB) for my very old device (HTC Wallaby) and after re-formatting card 256MB being used for updates and another, 2GB Sandisk Card as main card. I did realize - 2GB card is more than enough for me.

G

·
You can use the M001 to format it but it doesn't really matter. You can use it for general memory use but be careful that any device you put the card into doesn't edit anything. I personally would keep a memory card and use it for only one device at a time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
supersauce;11259 said:
You can use the M001 to format it but it doesn't really matter. You can use it for general memory use but be careful that any device you put the card into doesn't edit anything. I personally would keep a memory card and use it for only one device at a time.
There have been some reports that cards formatted outside of the Eken for use as firmware updates will not update the tablet properly. Other users reported that they solved this problem by using a Panasonic card formatting program (do a search for it in these forums).I personally think the safest bet is to format any card to be used in the Eken in the Eken itself. It's quite fast and easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.