Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys, I've been looking around and it seems that walgreens has a better price on the PDN, but online only. Does BBB match prices, even from online sites? Or where else would be a good place to buy my first PDN? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Wulfie

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
BBB will price match, plus they should also take 20% off assuming you have one of those coupons that they love to send to people. YMMV on the price match as it's online only at Walgreens, but my local BBB took it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you took the time to search this site, you'd find that both Kohl's and BBB, and perhaps other institutions, will do price matches, providing that you can show proof of the other online offers. The bottom line is that the best place to get the PDN is where, with a combination of price matching, online and other coupons, you can get it for the cheapest price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When PDN's were nowhere to be found locally, I discovered Radio Shack carried them. It was a little more than the first one I bought (from Kohl's, who pricematched Walgreen's online price ... Kohl's had it for $259 and dropped the price to $149), but Radio Shack did the Ship-to-Store, so I got it quickly. I believe Walgreen's has upped the price on their website (it's now $159.99). Our BBB now has them in stock, so that is probably your best route with the coupon roebeet mentions.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBB said that they'll pricematch walgreens, which is $10 cheaper than BBB, I wonder if they'll also honor the 20% off coupon as well as the pricematch, would be a hell of a deal ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I was in Rockville, MD at BBB and got a PDN for 120.99 then 20% off + $5 coupon which brought it down to $91.XX. So the point of the story is to check to see if they have them in stock plus the price cuz that was a big price drop. I help that helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just 'assumed' that BBB would be selling them for the same price as on their website, guess I was mistaken, will have to take a trip to my local BBB and see if they even carry them

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote name='Wulfie;55478]I just 'assumed' that BBB would be selling them for the same price as on their website' date=' guess I was mistaken, will have to take a trip to my local BBB and see if they even carry them[/QUOTE'] Well I am not sure but when they scanned it at 120 I was like OH YEA! I hope it works out the same for you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
[quote name='Wulfie;55312]BBB said that they'll pricematch walgreens' date=' which is $10 cheaper than BBB, I wonder if they'll also honor the 20% off coupon as well as the pricematch, would be a hell of a deal ;)[/QUOTE'] Based upon corporate policy, they should, BUT a lot of that depends upon the local store manager's (or cashier's) demeanor at the time..... Some cashiers just give you as many discounts as they can, others call up the manager to see what they should do. I have had two experiences with this:#1 - Had received a rain check for my first PDN at Kohl's (the period of the recall). When I went back into Kohl's, I didn't see any PDNs on the sales floor, so I went back to customer service and inquired. Person behind the counter said she would check in the office, came back with a pristine, unopened, boxed PDN in hand. I then asked if they would match the Walgreen's ad and honor the 30% off Kohl's discount code that I received via email. She said that they would honor the 30% code, but that she would ask the manager about the price match. Manager appeared and stated that not only would they honor the price match, but would also knock off an additional $15 due to a rebate coupon which had expired at midnight the evening before. I didn't know that a rebate coupon had existed!#2 - Went into BBB with printout of Walgreen's ad & BBB 20% off coupon. Cashier stated that she didn't know whether she could give me both discounts, but would ask the manager. Came back to register and stated that the manager had told her to honor both and reminded her to print out an extra copy of the receipt to be sent in with the BBB rebate form.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Similar to geebekazoo's experiences, I have had both BBB and Kohl's stores here in the Austin area be pretty generous re: price matching and allowing discount coupons. Bought my first one at BBB, used a $20 off coupon, and filed for the then current $20 BBB rebate. Subsequently, Walgreens put it on sale on their website for $20 less than the BBB base price, so I took my receipt back and BBB knocked $20 off. I have received the $20 rebate as well, so this made my final price ~$100 + tax.At Kohls, if it weren't for my honesty and not wanting the sales associate to get in trouble, I could have really made out like a bandit when purchasing my second PDN (subsequently exchanged due to bad SD Card reader). The sales associate working the register at the customer service desk where Kohls kept the PDNs misunderstood the manager's instructions and rang up the Walgreen's price at the time ($149.99), and applied the 30% off coupon Kohl's had sent me in the mail, plus gave me the rebate receipt. The manager had indicated that they would lower the price some (not all the way to the Walgreen's price) because there was the Kohl's $15 off rebate at the time, so she came up with a price that, after the rebate, basically evened out the pricing with the Walgreens price. I let the cashier know this and she adjusted things. The sweet thing about this purchase was that for the one day I bought this one, it was the last day for a $15 rebate and the first day of a Kohl's cash promotion going on where Kohl's gives you a store cash voucher of $10 for every $50 you spent. Because of another small purchase I made that pushed my total just above $150, I got $30 Kohl's cash as well - which we spent later on needed coffee maker supplies during another sale! By my accounting, taking in the $30 Kohl's cash and the rebate (got the email it was accepted and valid, just waiting for the check), this one cost me around $79 plus tax - not too shabby.Just as an FYI, this weekend I noticed that Walgreens sent out a newspaper insert and again had the $149.99 price advertised at Walgreens.com. I went to the site, linked to the on-line version of the ad, and there, it indeed showed $149.99. Later, I went to their site and just did a straight search, got directed to a different page for the device, and it had a link to a rebate coupon for $10 which was not mentioned on the link from the sale ad. Looks like you could get this thing for $139.99 after rebate from Walgreens if you bought/ordered it in-store or via the sale brochure link on-line, then went straight in and printed out the coupon. Worth a try... If you have trouble finding it, the rebate coupon is here and is valid until 9/18.If nothing else, try using any ads and printed rebate coupons as leverage at Kohls or BBB for price matching.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kohl's should both PM and then let you apply their own coupon code and then any Kohl's cash that is valid at the time. If a manager tells you that they can either PM or use a coupon, then they are mistaken about corporate policy. Don't hesitate to call Kohl's corporate and ask them to clarify things for the manager, or whomever is telling you that it's one or the other, but not both.Kohl's B&M may not honor an online only deal, but Kohl's.com WILL. They will also accept your coupon code(s) as well. Online, you can use up to two coupon codes per order. 99.99% of the time, this means a percent off code and a free shipping code, but sometimes there are overlapping discount codes. Not often, but on rare occasions there are two that will work together. Also of note is that very rarely there is a witching hour where you can use a 30% off coupon code AND get Kohl's cash at the same time. This is usually for either only a single day, or from 9pm to midnight ET as the two promotions cross each other in the night. Honestly, the best way to know about the various Kohl's coupon codes and witching hour's is to keep your eyes peeled on Coupons, Deals, and Cash Back Shopping - FatWallet.com. Do a search on the keyword "Kohl's" in the Hot Deals section on a regular basis. I still contend, that almost all of the time Kohl's will have the lowest price out there after PM and coupon code(s). Rebates can alter that some, but I am not a fan of rebates at all. Too many times you get screwed, or they become more trouble than they are worth. IMHO, go for the lowest out the door price on an item because if you are basing everything on the rebate and you get hosed, then you just spent too much money on something that you can no longer return.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Speak of the Devil!Witching Hour starts on September 15th at Kohl's! My Kohl's sales flyer just arrived and I actually got one of the 30% off printed coupons! Even better, Kohl's is running a Kohl's Cash promo for the ENTIRE WEEK of the sale! So, from 9/15 - 9/22 you can get 30% off at Kohl's using coupon code: SEPTEMBER30, and earn $10 in Kohl's Cash for every $50 you spend. Kohl's Cash can be redeemed from 9/23 - 10/03.White PDN will be on sale for $164.99 plus a $15 MIR to bring the final cost down to $149.99. This will be the perfect time to PM to Walgreens online which has the Novel for $159.99. Walgreens online ad for PM purposes.Pricing Breakdown:$159.99 (PM to Walgreens.com)-$48.00 (30% Off Code: SEPTEMBER30)---------$111.99-$15.00 (MIR MIR Form---------$96.99 Final PriceLadies and gentlemen... Start your PM'ing engines!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
your math is even better than mine...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
probably just gonna hit BBB and have them pricematch walgreens since right now they have it for $149 after $10 mail in rebate. So I'll try for the $149 plus 20% off BBB coupon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If BBB won't do both, take the PM. Then go back a few days later with the coupon you "just got". They should give you a refund for the coupon amount.Kohls may do the same, but I know it works at BBB.

·
Registered
179 Posts
[quote name='Wulfie;56601]probably just gonna hit BBB and have them pricematch walgreens since right now they have it for $149 after $10 mail in rebate. So I'll try for the $149 plus 20% off BBB coupon.[/QUOTE] Actually' date=' they advertised the PDN-W for $149.99 in a local flyer this weekend [B']w/o[/B] mention of the $10 rebate, so with the rebate (and as far as I can tell, you should be able to use it), it would make the Walgreens price $139.99. Just imagine if you could get Kohl's to PM that price, use the SEPTEMBER30 30% discount code, and file for the $15 Kohl's rebate. You'd be down around $83. You'd might need to be a pretty good talker, but it could happen...

·
Registered
89 Posts
tadroid;56698]Actually said:
w/o[/B] mention of the $10 rebate, so with the rebate (and as far as I can tell, you should be able to use it), it would make the Walgreens price $139.99. Just imagine if you could get Kohl's to PM that price, use the SEPTEMBER30 30% discount code, and file for the $15 Kohl's rebate. You'd be down around $83. You'd might need to be a pretty good talker, but it could happen...
I'm gonna give this a shot. Thanks for the info.Any chance you can scan that flyer?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.