Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you haven't tried this firmware on your M001, give it a go. (Slatedroid "Mercury" is much the same). Why? 1. The Android Market works right from the start. No fix. No fiddling. It just works. 2. It's rooted and all you have to do to get root access is enable USB debugging in the Settings -> Applications -> Development, then go to a terminal and type in "SU" and allow access to the SU app. 3. It sees and uses a Linux swap partition if you have one on your sdcard as the second partition. Mine is 128MB. 4. It's fast. ADW.Launcher leaps into service when asked. The Home screen switcher doesn't lag. The M001 is as responsive as I have ever seen it. 5. It looks great. Lefeudedieu knows how to theme his firmwares and he does a great job. 6. Based off the lastest firmware update from Eken - v1.9.1. One issue in v1.9.7 - it installs with French as the default language. Just go into Menu -> Settings and change the region to whatever supported language you need it to be. It takes affect immediately. I signed into the Market and downloaded an app. I shutdown and re-booted and went to the market and downloaded another app. It "Just Worked" (tm). Folks.....this is the firmware we've been waiting for.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
@linuxluver,hello,You confirm, that's great, I was a little tense for fear that it works only on my EKEN, Wow and thank you for your honorable return.Lfd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Works great so far. I could do without the "Watership Down" opening logo, but I suppose the need to brand your work is important. ;)The only problem I have had is trying to get into the "Android Keyboard" setting to turn on the keyboard sound effect. Process "com.android.inputmethod.latin" has stopped unexpectedly.Overall though, this is definitely the best build I have ever used on the Eken! ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I"ve installed Web FLV v1.5 and Youtube v1.0 and can happily play hi-res YT videos. Sent from my EKEN & Lfd using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
linuxluver;51472 said:
I"ve installed Web FLV v1.5 and Youtube v1.0 and can happily play hi-res YT videos. Sent from my EKEN & Lfd using Tapatalk
Hi LinuxLover, That's great news...did you download both FLV and Youtube v1 from Market?When I loaded the 1.9.1 based roms (both this one and Vestinious), Pandora freaked out...would play two seconds of a song and then would go to the next song over and over...any idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Here is a DumbAxx Question. Will it work on the M70003 MID Version of tablet. I had tried 1.74 & 1.90 upgrades but both killed my right button and touchscreen. After reloading 1.74 (the first DL I found)for the 5th time I got the Market to work and still had no Youtube viewablity..

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='bigralf;51497]HiSorry for my stupid question but where can i get web flv 1.5 and youtube 1.0Thx[/QUOTE] I got the YouTube v1.0 from the official v1.9 firmware. I got the "Youtube support files" (or named similar) from the "App Market" in the official Eken firmware. I've tried to make them available via bittorrent' date=' but mp4doggie's server didn't seem to work for me with any BT software I have....and the isohunt torrents are invisible to people in the US, but the rest of the world appears to be able to see them. I'll try to work out a better way tonight.....but basically, I had installed official v1.9, then downloaded the YT support files from the Eken-included market...then used Appmonster Pro to back them all up...which I then zip-ped up into a 29MB bundle.[rant']I hate file-choking sites.....and bittorrent has been far more reliable until very recently. The copyright fascists are getting in the way of genuine free content. The US has completely screwed itself by extending copyright to **120 YEARS** for corporations. Who voted for that? Let Mickey Mouse go into the Public Domain, fer chrissake....He was created in the 1920s...and first cartoon, Steamboat Willy, was a rip-off of a Broadway show. So much for copyright...Instead, they keep extending copyright by another 20 years or so every time a Disney character is about to go free to all.In the 1920's, copyright in the US was......wait for it........14 years. It should be returned to that.[/rant]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was previous running Ecotox v1.3.1 with the new 1.9.1 firmware drivers, and today I switched over to Relax. I must say, I feel like there's a big jump in performance. With Ecotox, the m001 ran pretty well, but I feel with Relax the screen is much more responsive and it seems to run fast on the whole (I'm using a 150MB swap, just to put it out there). Having the app market work right at installation is very nice as well. The only downgrade I felt was that Ecotox came with pretty good preloaded software (like docs2go) but those can be found through the right channels without Ecotox. On the whole I'm VERY happy I switched over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ciao, Roger! How r ya today? Dont spend too much time on tablets! Run after girlies, it's far more pleasant! ;)Lefeudedieu? Mon ami, i tryed your Relax (black) 1.9.6 all yesterday evening, and i must say, when i close some app, and try to come back to "home" screen, almost alwayis i get a warning "Process xxx.xxxxx.home has generated an error..." or something like that.Bonne chance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great work everybody ! thanks to you we have now a responsive and nicely doing Android tablet for a very neat price. Et bisou ? Lefeudedieu pour son super boulot ;) (he will understand)Now if someone does find a replacement for the Wondermedia CPU that would rocks ;)Regards,Philippe.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
[quote name='Mujus;52070]Now if someone does find a replacement for the Wondermedia CPU that would rocks ;)Regards' date='Philippe.[/QUOTE']Thats an easy one, buy a different tablet - a Telechip based one ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.