Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Roger Calver;53423 said:
We will move discussion over to the Slatedroid FW thread but I will try and answer your question here.Have you turned on USB debugging in the applications setting menu ?
yes roger debug is on .I have'nt had any problem on any other versions getting root just this one so far. Wen ever it goes for permissons it just goes to a blank screen. Kinda dumbfounded on this one

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
ripper1;53662 said:
yes roger debug is on .I have'nt had any problem on any other versions getting root just this one so far. Wen ever it goes for permissons it just goes to a blank screen. Kinda dumbfounded on this one
Helloyou can try re-installing the Market or SuperUser and BetterTerminal by adb SDKConnect with eken IP and type this:adb push XXX.apk / system / app / XXX.apkXXX = SuperUser / BetterTerminal

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same problem with SU and just had to pop open the terminal and voila. The market works fine for me and I installed an alternative market as well. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to add repositories to them. Do I need Dev tools for Android installed?

·
Registered
77 Posts
bghanekar;55310 said:
Does any one know any media player supporting HD format on 001 ? I am not able to fathom the answer since youtube works in HD format on Relaxware.
I think the word hd for youtube is not correct it really is hq (high quality). The eken is not capable of hd video. You can convert a hd movie down to something the eken can play though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there. I'm new on the forum. Got my M001 today and decided to join.

I'm trying to download version 1.9.6 but I can't find the file in the download section and I'm not having good luck with my google-fu. Can someone plz upload this file again to megaupload or something because this one seem to be really the best as far as all the comments I've read everywhere.

Also, is there anyway to back up the actual FW? The eken website seems like it's being upgraded and theres no M001 downloads, theres a M001Ssection so maybe support for the old tablet it's no more.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there Linuxluver...can you advise if the Relax FW upgrade is still accessible & from where..and whether as a novice, I can locate some straightforward instructions how to get it onto my Eken M001.
Many thanks

bruce, NZ

If you haven't tried this firmware on your M001, give it a go. Why? [list type=decimal][*]The Android Market works right from the start. No fix. No fiddling. It just works. [*]It's rooted and all you have to do to get root access is enable USB debugging in the Settings -> Applications -> Development, then go to a terminal and type in "SU" and allow access to the SU app. [*]It sees and uses a Linux swap partition if you have one on your sdcard as the second partition. Mine is 128MB. [*]It's fast. ADW.Launcher leaps into service when asked. The Home screen switcher doesn't lag. The M001 is as responsive as I have ever seen it. [*]It looks great. Lefeudedieu knows how to theme his firmwares and he does a great job. [*]Based off the lastest firmware update from Eken - v1.9.1.[/LIST]One issue in v1.9.6 - it installs with French as the default language. Just go into Menu -> Settings and change the region to whatever supported language you need it to be. It takes affect immediately.I signed into the Market and downloaded an app. I shutdown and re-booted and went to the market and downloaded another app. It "Just Worked" (tm). Folks.....this is the firmware we've been waiting for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you haven't tried this firmware on your M001, give it a go. Why? [list type=decimal][*]The Android Market works right from the start. No fix. No fiddling. It just works. [*]It's rooted and all you have to do to get root access is enable USB debugging in the Settings -> Applications -> Development, then go to a terminal and type in "SU" and allow access to the SU app. [*]It sees and uses a Linux swap partition if you have one on your sdcard as the second partition. Mine is 128MB. [*]It's fast. ADW.Launcher leaps into service when asked. The Home screen switcher doesn't lag. The M001 is as responsive as I have ever seen it. [*]It looks great. Lefeudedieu knows how to theme his firmwares and he does a great job. [*]Based off the lastest firmware update from Eken - v1.9.1.[/LIST]One issue in v1.9.6 - it installs with French as the default language. Just go into Menu -> Settings and change the region to whatever supported language you need it to be. It takes affect immediately.I signed into the Market and downloaded an app. I shutdown and re-booted and went to the market and downloaded another app. It "Just Worked" (tm). Folks.....this is the firmware we've been waiting for.
im ready to try it

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.