Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't tried this firmware on your M001, give it a go. Why? [list type=decimal][*]The Android Market works right from the start. No fix. No fiddling. It just works. [*]It's rooted and all you have to do to get root access is enable USB debugging in the Settings -> Applications -> Development, then go to a terminal and type in "SU" and allow access to the SU app. [*]It sees and uses a Linux swap partition if you have one on your sdcard as the second partition. Mine is 128MB. [*]It's fast. ADW.Launcher leaps into service when asked. The Home screen switcher doesn't lag. The M001 is as responsive as I have ever seen it. [*]It looks great. Lefeudedieu knows how to theme his firmwares and he does a great job. [*]Based off the lastest firmware update from Eken - v1.9.1.[/LIST]One issue in v1.9.6 - it installs with French as the default language. Just go into Menu -> Settings and change the region to whatever supported language you need it to be. It takes affect immediately.I signed into the Market and downloaded an app. I shutdown and re-booted and went to the market and downloaded another app. It "Just Worked" (tm). Folks.....this is the firmware we've been waiting for.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is a very good firmware alright, but Im not certain its as stable as it could be. I get force stop messages from time to time. Its more of a nuisance than a problem, though, and hopefully combined powers of Mr. Calver and lefeudideu can and will solve the issue.
Anyway, Relax is a good to go firmware that is definitely worth installing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='Intri;52462]It is a very good firmware alright' date=' but Im not certain its as stable as it could be. I get force stop messages from time to time. Its more of a nuisance than a problem, though, and hopefully combined powers of Mr. Calver and lefeudideu can and will solve the issue.[IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG] Anyway, Relax is a good to go firmware that is definitely worth installing.[/QUOTE']Do you use a swap partition? I had some FCs before I re-partitioned my sdcard to include a swap file. I think there just wasn't enough memory free for some apps (or combinations of apps) to run without the system killing one of them before the overall task had completed. I'm thinking of where, from Home you open an app that then either handles large images or maybe you share something from the first app to a second app....and the system runs out of memory and kills one of them.....causing the child app to FC. I have not seen any FC's with this firmware so far after starting to use a swap partition. I have a 128MB swap. This seems to work better than a 96MB swap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Havent tried that one out yet, didnt have much time for that. But since what you say makes perfect sense, I will try this on either Relax 1.9.6 or whatever Mr. Calver and lefeudedieu come out with.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
[quote name='Intri;52489]Havent tried that one out yet' date=' didnt have much time for that. But since what you say makes perfect sense, I will try this on either Relax 1.9.6 or whatever Mr. Calver and lefeudedieu come out with.[/QUOTE'] Somethings coming thats for sure, stay tuned for more info very soon !

·
Registered
19 Posts
(good job bravo ! )(ton cousin du canada your cousin from canada)( la seul chose qui me tue the only thing that kills me)( c le azerty y'a t'il un moyen pour le changer svp merci )(in canada we use qwerty layout im so use to it anyways ..( le roi your the man)

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote name='tylorg;53022]can you give me directions to change the language to english' date=' thanks[/QUOTE']first post....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't quite know where the place comments on the new mercury frmware everything seems to work great except it will not allow an su commands . Example installed cache cleaner and when it ask su permissions it goes to a black screen and never never land. Any thought ld or roger

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
We will move discussion over to the Slatedroid FW thread but I will try and answer your question here.Have you turned on USB debugging in the applications setting menu ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where exactly is the download link for this FW? I can't seem to find it for whatever reason. Regards,rast4man

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks bro. Funny screenshot! ;)What's the "NO FIX" at the end of the FW title about?

·
Registered
47 Posts
no fix for the market , this semi-perfect (g-sensor ... plz... we need...) FW have the supremous market app working like none ohter
no fix for the market , no fix for nothing, except for the sensor settings, a minor thing, but in a tablet that have few buttons, sensor games is am good option

·
Registered
100 Posts
So basically everything works except the official market and the g-sensor? You say "no fix for nothing", am I to understand that this FW needs a LOT of things that no one has fixed or it just has a few minor issues that still need to be fixed?Just need clarity, thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok, sorry for my fault.all is working, include oficial market ( work very very good) only g-sensor is not working the panel, because they still rotating the screen, but you need the control g-sensor panel to swith to game mode and give the G-sensor to others apps. now i explaing better ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes you explained it perfectly. I appreciate you taking the time to clarify, thank you. I'm about to install it on my M001 right now, I will report back as to how I like it. Right now, I'm using Eco and it's pretty good so far. I've had a few problems with lagging when swiping the screen and also the Slide Market App is a little goofy for me. Let's see how the new one holds up. Hang tight...Regards,rast4man

·
Registered
100 Posts
Okay, after figuring out how rusty my French is, I managed to set the language/locale to United States English. Upon first flashing it took a little longer than other ROMS to initialize but I would think that's because of the 106MB size of this particular FW. Once the erasing and writing was finished and the message to eject the memory card was on, the unit shut down as normal. After hitting power, I was greeted with a neat little "Android" animation while it was loading. This took about 2 minutes while it configured settings in the background I assume. Once it completed, what usually says "Android" was replaced with the authors own logo, which was nicely done. Upon first launch to the "desktop", I was greeted with a nice background graphic and a few icons already present that were nicely organized. I chose to use ADW.Launcher to see what it would bring that I haven't seen before. To my surprise, it performs very well and is instant to the touch. The menu is fast and fluid upon it's opening. I will be adding my apps to see how everything works but so far, this is a great FW for the M001. Not only is it graphically enhanced, it is certainly faster than some of the other (respectively) FW's available.The G-Sensor for Game Mode is almost a deal-breaker for me but knowing that it isn't finished and in hopes that it will be fixed in a future release, I would give this FW 4.5/5. Great job guys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts