Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)There are so many good readers out there. It seems that none of them have it all. I think Laputa makes reading fun,in my opinion is the best reader on the marketThis app has changed my relationship with my phone. It is amazing, a must have for avid readers.Download and read thousands of books right on your Android phone. Anywhere. Anytime.The page animation is unlike any other page animation - the page actually rolls WITH your finger as you push it across the screen; other page flipping readers have a very fake looking flip compared to this ones

·
Registered
34 Posts
got this on my apad , pretty nice looking but very slow to load books, the animation is nice though, ill stick with fbreader as its fast , i dont really care about the looks as long as it goes from page to page quickley

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a sony prs600 dedicated reader and love it. fast efficient and can store hundreds of books at a time. I am waiting for a 7" touch screen that has a lot more functions but again to use mainly as a reader as my wife keeps "borrowing" my sony. as a person who does not watch tv and spend hours a day reading I personally will be intrested to see how it fares. It will be short on battery life in comparison to the sony I know but an external battery pack will alleviate this.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
spk;60137 said:
Only free epubs work with aldiko. Im still looking for a way to read a DRM epub from borders. I think I need the kobo app but I cant find the apk anywhere.
From the boarder's site:Follow these simple instructions to addthe app to your Android phone. 1. Open the Android Market on your Android phone. 2. Search for "Borders eBooks". 3. Select the icon for the Borders eReader app. 4. Touch the Install button to download the application to your phone.Supported Android Operating Systems: OS 2.0 and higherSo you need market and android 2.0

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would like to know how to read ebooks too. I have loads of epub books on my SD card and have tried to open them with aldiko and borders but I just get a message that says application not found. I have tried copying them to aldiko but they don't appear on my bookshelf and I don't see any way to import them, am I missing something?They all end in .epub.ThanksHazza

·
Registered
74 Posts
[quote name='Hazza;79492]I would like to know how to read ebooks too. I have loads of epub books on my SD card and have tried to open them with aldiko and borders but I just get a message that says application not found. I have tried copying them to aldiko but they don't appear on my bookshelf and I don't see any way to import them' date=' am I missing something?They all end in .epub.ThanksHazza[/QUOTE'] Same boat. I have aldiko but it wont work w/ my Barnes n Nobel epub's? I don't know how to access "market" from my pad???? I read every night and this just stinks!!! How/where can I get an APK reader that will work w/ the barnes and nobel epubs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi cyclejerk, I Sussed it, go to your SD card and select the book you want to read by holding down the stylus, select copy and then navigate to import click on copy here.Now open up Aldiko and tap the menu button at the top of the page, you will get a menu bar at the bottom, click import and it will search your SD card and import the selected ebook. Sorted.Hope this helpsHazza

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.