1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sandisk or Kingston both work well for me

·
Registered
51 Posts
2 GB Kingston that I got at Office Depot for $5.99 - works great !

·
Registered
90 Posts
AJP;54358 said:
I suspect it is more about how it is formatted than what brand it is. Some people reported having success with poorly functioning cards after reformatting using FAT32
And just in case anyone is wondering, the PDN does not like exFat formatted cards. Says it is damaged. Reformatted using Fat32 and fine now. Have been using a 2gb Kingston with no problem. Waiting for my Patriot 8gb class 6 card to come in the mail, hopefully it comes today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,New guy here. Just picked up my WPDN last week and have been reading the forums (and the Wiki, of course) before starting to hack away.I'm hoping the PDN can serve as a serviceable portable video player. Has anybody had issues with video using a lower class SD card? Is a Class 10 SDHC overkill? I'm searching around for other threads about video, but please refer me to them if you know about some good video threads.Also, the PD website says that the PDN supports MPEG4 only. Is this the case after I flash a new FW (roebeet's, for example)?Thanks, looking forward to being a part of this community.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ok, this is getting me frustrated. I have a Polaroid 16gb microSD in an adapter. It works for all programs (even video) except MixZing. Mixzing does gives a memory card error and does not find any music on the card. I have tried mp3's, aac's, reformatting the card (good Panasonic program), re-installing Mixzing, etc. Any ideas?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I also jumped in to the band wagon and got one WPDN last week. I am using Cruze FW by Roebeet and like it. What is the maximum capacity of the microSD card that can be used internally? Another question- with every FW update, does the data get erased from internal SD card?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I believe at least one person has reported that a 16GB microSD should work. and 32GB max on the external SD slot.Destructive mod updates depending on the mod. On mine, I generally do destructive only for stability reasons - I tried a non-destructive mod and it didn't work out very well. I don't expect the whirlwind of updates that I had a week ago, however. The internal and external SD are NOT wiped however, only stuff in /system and /data.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.