Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The Visture V1 uses the EV2 chip. It should get #s close to Rena 3 & A9N. Keep in mind that a higher resolution tablet will give lower 2D & 3D scores. If those other tablets use lower res then the V1 will get worse graphic benchmark #s.

Look at #1 in my 1st post for results and check out 2nd post Quadrant & Neocore for EV2.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/21022-tablet-performance-comparison/

The EV2 chip is meant for "light" gaming. The EV2 works best for reading, browsing, listening to music & playing DIVX videos and can do this for awhile because of really good battery life. The S5P-V210/C110 are best for gaming and RK2918 & AML8726 are pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The S5PC110 is more expensive chip and I do not think used on 8" tablets. Only in 7" and in couple of expensive 10".

The S5PV210 is used lots because costs less and gives less battery life.

8" tablets
Samsung S5PV210
INLE M728 (T9)
Aishuo (or Herotab) 816R2

M8-S/(M8?)
Visture V2

Amlogic AML8726
Ramos W12
Ainol NOVO 8

The M728 is very well built but heavy @ 670g. The 816R2 is so-so build quality because all plastic but bought by many because lower price & less heavy. The Novo 8 is well built and popular choice but higher res makes it better for reading & browsing than playing games.

The Visture V2 will be very nice but high price from what I heard. Somewhere near $300. Same for the M8-S/(M8?) but little less expensive $265+ but includes Bluetooth & GPS. ie, GPS USB dongle cost $30+ on its own.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The S5PC110 is more expensive chip and I do not think used on 8" tablets. Only in 7" and in couple of expensive 10".

8" tablets
Samsung S5PV210
INLE M728 (T9)

M8-S/(M8?)
Visture V2

Amlogic AML8726
Ramos W12
Ainol NOVO 8

The M728 is very well built but heavy @ 670g. The 816R2 is so-so build quality because all plastic but bought by many because lower price & less heavy. The Novo 8 is well built and popular choice but higher res makes it better for reading & browsing than playing games.

The Visture V2 will be very nice but high price from what I heard. Somewhere near $300. Same for the M8-S/(M8?) but little less expensive $265+ but includes Bluetooth & GPS. ie, GPS USB dongle cost $30+ on its own.
novo8 got poor neocore framerate below 25fps if i can recall.... where can i find M8? i was thinking about buying one RK2918, saw in your thread that 2d is poor but does it reflect while playing games... in general according to benchmarks and tests, rk2918 performs better than AMLOGIC A9 in games

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Novo 8 uses high resolution, 1280x768, which makes text crisper and best for reading but really brings down gaming performance. Neocore is a 3D benchmark.

M8-S. These guys have the best pictures but bad rating, very low sales & highest price. Do not buy from them!
M8-S info

The rk2918 has real strong 3D. For 3D gaming it will do very well. I have not looked into it but for 2D Quadrant it scores on the low side. This could affect fast action 2D games with lots of enemies and bullets. ie, with lots of action or high detail or resolution tablet you will likely get slowdown. I have not checked into this anymore or tested with any other 2D benches. 70%+ 2D games should still run pretty good with rk2918.

PS, diff between 7" & 8" is very small for 16:9 tablets. 8" 4:3 may have bigger screen area difference to 7" 16:9.

I bought Wopad i7 (rk2918) and pretty happy with it. Tried few games and they seem to play pretty good @ 800x480 res.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was looking at wopad i8, seems nice... but not sure if 2d and 3d games run well on it.. and if web surfing works well with flash 10.3

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
novo8 got poor neocore framerate below 25fps if i can recall.... where can i find M8? i was thinking about buying one RK2918, saw in your thread that 2d is poor but does it reflect while playing games... in general according to benchmarks and tests, rk2918 performs better than AMLOGIC A9 in games
I ran asphalt 6 on my i7. It is a little slow but still smooth enough to be playable. I was actually surprised, I expected much better. I wonder if it is a firmware issue or if the vivante gc800 is not all it is cracked up to be. The game does look gorgeous. I also tried it on my RENA3, it would not start. Would go to a black screen and then back to android.

That was some really good info on those s5pv210 devices. What are your thoughts on the mid816r2 in regards to battery life and touchscreen responsiveness? I have the ability to sell this device but I don't want to spend any money/time on testing it out until I have gotten some more info on it. Those were my 2 biggest concerns.

The m8 looks really nice and has a larger battery than most... assuming it is being reported correctly in that link lol. It is a bit expensive though.

I am hopefully getting my meiying m11 tomorrow. I am hoping it is a nice device with good battery life. My last 8" rk2918 based device was a real let down.

Cheers and thanks as always for the informative posts! I always benefit from what you have to say.

Kind Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That was some really good info on those s5pv210 devices. What are your thoughts on the mid816r2 in regards to battery life and touchscreen responsiveness?
I also considered getting a 816R2 mostly because of 8" screen but decided against it. Very little choice for 8" s5pv210 tablets. The 816R2 is capacitive but plastic all around and snapped together (no screws). Also, the screen seems to have a more plastic feel to it from video I saw. ie, I like tablets with metal back & glass screen myself. Still, it is a popular choice for 8" which is bought by many people. Also, battery will run @ 7.4V but it has pretty good size @ 4800 mAh so should get about 4.5+ hours.

For 8" tablets, you should look into:
Wopad i8, M728/T9 (better built than 816R2 but too heavy), 816R2, Novo 8 & M11.

I am very sure the 816R2 & Novo 8 are the popular 8" tablet choices among buyers. The 816R2 is very good seller because it has s5pv210 CPU & people can get it for very good price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran asphalt 6 on my i7. It is a little slow but still smooth enough to be playable. I was actually surprised, I expected much better. I wonder if it is a firmware issue or if the vivante gc800 is not all it is cracked up to be. The game does look gorgeous. I also tried it on my RENA3, it would not start. Would go to a black screen and then back to android.

That was some really good info on those s5pv210 devices. What are your thoughts on the mid816r2 in regards to battery life and touchscreen responsiveness? I have the ability to sell this device but I don't want to spend any money/time on testing it out until I have gotten some more info on it. Those were my 2 biggest concerns.

The m8 looks really nice and has a larger battery than most... assuming it is being reported correctly in that link lol. It is a bit expensive though.

I am hopefully getting my meiying m11 tomorrow. I am hoping it is a nice device with good battery life. My last 8" rk2918 based device was a real let down.

Cheers and thanks as always for the informative posts! I always benefit from what you have to say.

Kind Regards,

Roman
asphalt 6 slow on wopad i7?? it will be worse on wopad i8 as the latter has a higher resolution :S ... thought the GPU on the Wopad i7 was pretty powerful...
i am disappointed.. can you post a vid of it running asphalt 6 plz?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
asphalt 6 slow on wopad i7?? it will be worse on wopad i8 as the latter has a higher resolution :S ... thought the GPU on the Wopad i7 was pretty powerful...
i am disappointed.. can you post a vid of it running asphalt 6 plz?
Hi, I will try to get a video. My suspicion is that it "MIGHT" be poor firmware. I was going to test it on my Meiying Phantom but I can't because I haven't had the chance to modify the firmware so the game (being stupid) says that it will not run on the device... which is ridiculous as it runs fine on my i7 which has identical specs (but I have modified it to make it look like a Droid 2 to programs, so more programs work without throwing up stupid compatibility complaints... as soon as I get firmware for my Meiying Phantom M11 I will be doing the same thing and testing Asphalt 6 on it as well). I wonder if someone could test it on an Samsung S5PV210/SGX540 powered device and give some feedback as well? It might just be that the game only runs well on Tegra II chipsets...

Without using my modified firmware on the i7, my guess is that Asphalt 6 will pop the same compatibility error message (and also not show up in the market) as what I am getting on my unmodified Meiying Phantom m11. NOVA 2, another game I tried to run on my i7 would play the intro video but would not start. Stupid Gameloft... why do they have so much trouble making their games run on a range of devices? Anyhow, I digress. I REALLY want to get the firmware for the Meiying M11, I have a feeling it is a bit more mature than what is in the i7 and it has an 800x600 screen resolution so the specs are VERY close. I could then mod it and try this game out on it as well.

In the mean time, I will try to make a video of Asphalt 6 as it is on the i7... I was also a bit letdown by the performance but the game does look very good/detailed.

Cheers,

Roman

http://topnotchtablets.com

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
thx will be waiting for ur vid.. have you used/tried chainfire 3d?
Doesn't it require root? That is what I can't get on my meiying until I have gotten a copy of the firmware. Most RK2918 requires you to root the firmware before flashing due to a compressed file system.

Also, I don't know very much about using Chainfire... Is there a good instruction guide on it somewhere. I tried to mess with it once but it didn't seem to make much difference.

Cheers and thanks for the help!

Roman

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i think u need root. I have it on my htc desire. I configured only default opengl settings: reduce texture quality + reduce texture size. And it allows me to run hot pursuit more smoothly

·
Registered
366 Posts

8" tablets
Samsung S5PV210
INLE M728 (T9)

M8-S/(M8?)
Visture V2

Amlogic AML8726
Ramos W12
Ainol NOVO 8

How about this. It is the one I am seriously looking at.

http://www.focalprice.com/CE062X/GS30_Android_23_97_Multitouch_Screen_WiFi_3D_Game_Tablet_PC.html?utm_source=SM&utm_medium=Youtube&utm_campaign=SM_Youtube_CE062X

1 - 15 of 15 Posts