Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been comparing the benchmark results from different ROMs?I just installed 08/27, and from the RPM scripts I just heard about the ARM11 optimized library with JIT enabled. is this the fastest way to run this pad?Curious if anyone had any data on how the ROMs have compared?

·
Registered
383 Posts
[quote name='juched;49493]Has anyone been comparing the benchmark results from different ROMs?I just installed 08/27' date=' and from the RPM scripts I just heard about the ARM11 optimized library with JIT enabled. is this the fastest way to run this pad?Curious if anyone had any data on how the ROMs have compared?[/QUOTE'] I personally had problems running 0827 w/ARM11 Optimized libdvm w/JIT Enabled... without JIT enabled it was my best... I have not tried enabling JIT on the 0827 libdvm which seemed the best so far direct from Zenithink Nor have I tried a number of other libdvm for 2.1 that folks say work better with JIT enabled... So Your Mileage WILL Vary... just be careful as my first try enabling JIT in the Samsung Optimized hosed my Rootfs thus the tablet need a re-flash so start from scratch...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RPM's kit has an option to install ARM11 optimized with JIT enabled, and it works fine. Perhaps JIT isn't enabled?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well I didn't have any problem booting with JIT Manually enabled on the Samsung Optimized libdvm UNTIL I tried to run Quadrant Benchmark which really does stress things ... Quadrant runs to completion with same libdvm but without JIT enabled... with JIT Enabled seems the / (rootfs) FS got corrupted thus requireing a full flash to be able to boot once again... So... All may be fine as long as you don't try to run some particular stress test with JIT enabled... but if you try then make sure you have backed up things before in case you end up needing to re-flash...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before the corruption, did you get any results on the screen? If so, did you see an improvement? Also makes you think, I seem to be running with JIT enabled according the RPM script, so this could be ticking time bomb!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had done extensive testing in the early days of 2.1 with differnt libdvm(s) for the Moto Droid and had similiar results... Luckily the failure scenarios on the Droid were simpler and only required a reboot to resolve... so I'd say yes JIT on 2.1 can be problematic anyway... FAR IMPROVED on 2.2... But that said I did have a pretty stable JIT environment for months on 2.1 on my Droid with only a few gotchas that might hang it... Unfortunately though I had hoped for the same on the tablet but the tablet doesn't handle the errors as gracefully so can require a re-flash to recover... I'll still be testing with and with out JIT going forward just with a ammended expection of what failures MAY cost... some failures were harmless... the Quadrant one wasn't and I've yet attempted that test again though it was running considerably faster before and through the first part of the test...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.