Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
You would have to replace the on located at on the on-board partition located at Framework/framework-res.apkYou will know you are in the right place if you see a whole bunch of .jar files likeam.jarandroid.policy.jarandroid.test.runner.jaretc.Just replace the one that's already there.This one was borrowed from one of willo's slatedroid ROMs and I claim no ownership over the framework.Willo gets all the credit on this on.The only things I edited/added were things that were PDN specific.This should hopefully fix the download problem as well when trying to download from slideme.Just make sure you make a copy of your current framework-res.apk should anything go wrong and you should be fine.Probably should have adb.exe running and have the PDN connected to your computer while doing this.Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out what it was, 2 files not matching when I renamed them, it is looking for android-logo-mask_bk.png and it couldn't find it. Let me see if there is something else I missed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, I found 4 files that aren't matching up, it looks like there is some kind of file checker system on the PDN that checks the system files rejects any foreign entries. I am going to see if there is a way to get around it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='edit_text;17998]Same here' date=' just the android screen, no luck booting.e_tedit: I am still able the adb shell, so at least it can be fixed easily.[/QUOTE']Yea, I got a little jumpy on mine, I was just happy I saw the android screen as I knew it was working, didn't realize it wasn't actually fully booting :-/.This means I can edit it all I want without the risk of bricking.

·
Registered
73 Posts
[quote name='tobias;18003]Yea' date=' I got a little jumpy on mine, I was just happy I saw the android screen as I knew it was working, didn't realize it wasn't actually fully booting :-/.This means I can edit it all I want without the risk of bricking.[/QUOTE'] I know what you mean. I really did not want to have to reflash the thing AGAIN. For anyone else that is feeling froggy enough to try this sort of thing, make sure you backup your original files.e_t

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote name='edit_text;18008]I know what you mean. I really did not want to have to reflash the thing AGAIN. For anyone else that is feeling froggy enough to try this sort of thing' date=' make sure you backup your original files.e_t[/QUOTE'] Yea I made a mention to make sure you are connected via adb and have backed up this exact file before replacing it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried this and now it is stuck at "android" screen. This screen is new but no progress after that. Any clue ?Thanks
tobias;17984 said:
tobiascomservices.com/androidframework/framework-res.apkYou would have to replace the on located at on the on-board partition located at Framework/framework-res.apkYou will know you are in the right place if you see a whole bunch of .jar files like

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Thanks for the effort. Someone has to start teaching this stuff...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been using apktool 1.2 to work on this and I just finished up making some drastic changes.I have ran into a bit of a wall though, the auto-sign program I was using won't sign the .apk with a correct META-INF file. It did for the previous framework I worked on but now it won't even run the batch correctly to give me an error message.Signing these damn .apk is such a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='tobias;18044]I took the link out and added a note terribly sorry for the hassle everyone' date=' I will be working diligently.[/QUOTE'] Hey, I can't complain about the effort you're making, and this is fun stuff. Just trying to avoid someone making the change that can't figure out how to change it back easily (or who didn't back up)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SUCCESS!!! I found out what it was! Had a damn windows 7 64-bit pc here at work and tried it in one of my VM boxes with windows xp and the JDK installed on it.It worked! Will begin uploading promptly, I don't have my PDN here with me so if you guys give me feedback, I can see what I can do from here.Let me know. Crossing my fingers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.