Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this Android world as a User - been mainly Mainframe Analyst/programmer. Just got A81E, expecting delivery 5/7 days, and getting prepared. Where do I start ? Would be nice to have a TUTORIAL section if there is one PLEASE direct me to it. Also if I need some HELP, where do I post - will be nice to have a How to..? Read up all threads for last 4 weeks, but no where do I see how to put an icon on Home where if I touch/click will launch say "www.slatedroid.com" ? Get what I mean?Trust not being too ambitious. Thanks

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Okay, first off.. welcome to Slatedroid :)The A81E is actually quite a new device which is why the dedicated forum for it isn't that full up yet - but there's some interesting stuff which I would recommend reading. I'd check the bug reports thread first so you can familiarise yourself with its perks. Please bare in mind that these will be ironed out soon enough.Next up, check out the wiki. Wiki , or click the link at the top ^^^ That's got quite a few tutorials on it related to both tablets, and Android in general.Failing those, feel free to post on wither the A81E forum, or the Android OS Discussion one and you'll get some help in no time.I'd also recommend you check out the IRC channel #slatedroid on Freenode. If you've never used IRC before and don't know how to use it, there's a simple Java-based client, just click the IRC link on the forum list.Hope that helps, and good luck with your tablet :)Regards,Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a TON Mike, at least now I know where to start. By the way my sug. was more as a BEGINNER / User to this world of Apad, Irobot.. or whatever it is called; and not particularly about A81E. I am following that topic very closely for last 2/3 weeks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Since I would like slatedroid to be my one stop for all things android tablet related, I agree that it would be nice to have a guide/tutorial section that explains how to optimize the tablets either in the wiki or in the forum. It's very difficult to sift out what works for all android 2.1 and what is tablet specific.

Reactions: popeye1968
1 - 4 of 4 Posts