Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Don't worry, my battery hasn't gone, BUT... what happens when the batteries in our Hannspad do start to dwindle? If you Google Hannspad battery replacement there isn't anything even related to a replacement. I know that an iPad battery replacement is about £25 and in a few years time, people might not be able to justify spending much on a device that only cost over 100 pounds but it's worth asking simply because some batteries last longer than others.

I haven't e-mailed Hannspree because I doubt you have any chance of them selling a new battery directly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
funny I was just thinking the same this evening , after a hard days use I heard a battery low alarm for the first time. I guess s

hould be easy enough to crack open and shoe horn something in here right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. In the last 2 weeks, I've accidentally drained it dead twice. While I know draining it once or twice doesn't hurt too much, repeated drains can quickly wear a battery out. The worry is people aren't really bothered. Perhaps when these batteries eventually give in and start providing only a limited number of hours nobody will care because there will be better devices around, but seriously, we need to have somewhere to get replacements. I genuinely believe in the next year some of the batteries will start wearing out, especially those which are repeatedly drained.

Anyone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly itanium but imo, using VeganTab and using it every day, I get exceptional battery life. I can sometimes use it for an entire day without putting it into standby once and still have a little bit left at the end. I try to avoid that because it's bad for the battery but I do go through extended use periods and it's really good. The worry is batteries aren't modular like they used to be. Devices are enclosed. Sealed. You can't just whip the old battery out and put a fresh one in like (most) mobile phones. Therefore, once it's dead, changing them is a pain and it's not made easier by the fact nowhere offers replacements

1 - 6 of 6 Posts