Android Tablets Forum banner

Battery life

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  rockwater 
#1 ·
i know it quotes 5 hours with wifi and 8 without on most sites but i'm assuming that is just sales/marketing rubbish.Can anyone give me real world battery life times please

#8 ·
Hi, none of you mention what brightness level you were using on the LCD when draining the battery over so-so long time. I think this will have even more impact on battery life than wifi on/off, video/e-books etc. The backlight of the LCD is usually a big power drain. Just a thought!;0)

#10 ·
[quote name='chrstein;35293]Hi' date=' none of you mention what brightness level you were using on the LCD when draining the battery over so-so long time. I think this will have even more impact on battery life than wifi on/off, video/e-books etc. The backlight of the LCD is usually a big power drain. Just a thought!;0)[/QUOTE'] I run my brightness at about 25%.

#13 ·
I messed about with comics, tested some short hd clips and transferred files back and forth and without realising it i think I got a good 4 or 5 hours out of it and it still says 35% left. I've got the screen brightness set to 25% and I think i had it set to that in ACV too, (was trying 2 versions of acv, one worked in adjusting the brightness and one didn't)If it keeps up with that kind of battery life while reading then i'm pretty happy with it overall.videos tests were weird, it played 720 well but not enough to watch a film, just enough stuttering for it to be a pain. 1080 was actually the same but for some reason the audio didn't work.

#15 ·
I played around with my new zt180 last night for about 4 hours. I never fully charged it before attempting to test battery life. I ran it for 4 hours starting at 80% battery life, but here is the weird thing at about 3.5 hours in the was down to 0 battery. the battery was red and crossed out meaning that android that the battery was completely drained. 30 minutes later I was still playing around with it and I had to get some sleep so I shut it off, do not know how much longer it would have ran but I figured it strange that android would report the battery with 0 power and keep running.Did not even give me a popup warning like my 1.5 android does about low battery power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.