Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I know you don't want to hear this, because I'm always suggesting it to everyone...haha. Have you checked what your battery indicator does with WinCE? At least that would tell you if it is hardware or firmware. I think flashing WinCE also wipes out any Android files in case you have something corrupt that doesn't clear out flashing between Android ROMs. Just another troubleshooting step, you can use it as a last ditch if everyone else gives better ideas.I don't have any problems with my battery indicator, it works as I would expect it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They MAY have broken the driver interface in later versions... I had gon and looked at some of the normal stats collect stuff before... and looking now in 0827 it does seem to be stuck with the tablet full charged and then on battery only for an hour...The files do seem to be written every minute but data seems to stay the same now;# ls -l /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery-rw-r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 ueventlrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-09-07 09:42 subsystem -> ../../../../../class/power_supplylrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-09-07 09:42 device -> ../../../cpcap_batterydrwxr-xr-x root root 2010-09-07 09:42 power-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 type-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 status-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 health-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 present-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 technology-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 capacity-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 voltage_now-r--r--r-- root root 4096 2010-09-07 09:42 temp# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/typecat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/typeBattery# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/statuscat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/statusFull# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/healthcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/healthGood# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/presentcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/present1# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/technologycat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/technologyLi-ion# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/capacitycat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/capacity100# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/voltage_nowcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/voltage_now4203000# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/tempcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/temp270# cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/ueventcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/ueventPOWER_SUPPLY_NAME=batteryPOWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=BatteryPOWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=FullPOWER_SUPPLY_HEALTH=GoodPOWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ionPOWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=100POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4203000POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=270#

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just rebooted the tablet and it looked like the battery meter in notification bar had ticked down one so I checked again and at least the voltage_now does seem to be dropping # cat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/ueventcat /sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/ueventPOWER_SUPPLY_NAME=batteryPOWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=BatteryPOWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=DischargingPOWER_SUPPLY_HEALTH=GoodPOWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ionPOWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=100POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4176000POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=250 So looks like Status, Voltage_now, and Temp are at least updated on startup...

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote name='Zap!;52480]Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my battery meter? It always stays on full. I even installed Battery Indicator and that always stays on 100%. Any ideas? After upgrading to ROM 8-18 and then 8-27' date=' nothing has changed. I even disconnected the battery, but nothing. Anyone else having problems?[/QUOTE'] I running 0827 and my battery meter in android and a battery app I've been using have always be spot-on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jzee;72739 said:
Actually mine never reaches 100% after some 8 hours on charge. It reaches 87% or perhaps slightly more and then the charge light goes off. Anyone else has this??
Yep, mine started out showing 98% and now it always says 87%. Well, it did until I dropped it. We are off this to by a magnifying glass to look deeper and longer at the soldered chips, etc.I sure hope we can fix this thing. I just got it running perfect not too long ago and it is only a month or so old. I cannot believe I dropped it!

·
Registered
439 Posts
My battery indication is working fine. Zap, you need to start a poll. Nobody has done one in the ZT-180 forum.Edit - never mind, I took the liberty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.