Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third time I've had the bait and switch on AliExpress... though this guy was actually bold enough to ship the tablet. The other two claimed stock problems and refunded.I bought one of these and received it yesterday:http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/310049941-8-inch-touch-screen-android-1-5-mini-pc-and-wifi-free-shipping-wholesalers.htmlClaims 4 way rotational sensor, b/g/n wifi, android 1.5, 800Mhz processor... the list goes on and on. Bought one and paid paypal. What arrives is an M003 with a scratched touch screen and faulty charger!Opened a refund claim. Then turned around and opened a dispute on PayPal too. I definitely have a problem with the guy who sold me crap, but I have Aliexpress has got to take some responsibility here. I'm tired of the bait and switch and Aliexpress needs to do something to verify or authenticate the products that are up for sale on its site!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You paid 201USD for that M003 ? Do you think the seller is going to refund you (with or without the need to ship it back to you?)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something's got to happen. If you read the discription - doesn't sound like an M003 at all. The fact that I ended up with an M003 - now that's what makes me angry. What'll happen here, I don't know. But Paypal is involved, and so is aliexpress escrow. Right now the transaction is "frozen." We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thats what im afraid and keep me not from buying an apad....the pictures are from the eken m003 you can look by the ports but the specs are other. :S

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, aliexpress got back to me today. The seller has agreed to a full refund, but wants me to pay for return shipping. Not only that, no refund until the seller inspects the returned item. I've refused, of course. I'll pay for return shipping - by the slowest boat possible with tracking, but once I provide a tracking number, I want my full refund within 24 hours. We'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it's over - Aliexpress and the seller agreed to a $90 refund. Waiting now for the money to show back up in my paypal account.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;4898]Third time I've had the bait and switch on AliExpress... though this guy was actually bold enough to ship the tablet. The other two claimed stock problems and refunded.I bought one of these and received it yesterday:[URL=http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/310049941-8-inch-touch-screen-android-1-5-mini-pc-and-wifi-free-shipping-wholesalers.html]Wholesale-8 inch touch screen android 1.5 mini pc and wifi + free shipping[/URL]Claims 4 way rotational sensor' date=' b/g/n wifi, android 1.5, 800Mhz processor... the list goes on and on. Bought one and paid paypal. What arrives is an M003 with a scratched touch screen and faulty charger!Opened a refund claim. Then turned around and opened a dispute on PayPal too. I definitely have a problem with the guy who sold me crap, but I have Aliexpress has got to take some responsibility here. I'm tired of the bait and switch and Aliexpress needs to do something to verify or authenticate the products that are up for sale on its site![/QUOTE'] eBay doesn't do that, how should AliExpress do that? I also have to say that at least the current "auction" shows clearly an Eken m003 to me...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aliexpress does not sell anything, they are Alibaba and semi broker deals, sometimes.  They are trying to make it easier to deal with China.  Your deal is with, Shenzhen Weixunte Technology Co., Ltd.  In China people do not normaly ask for a refund, so this is always a problem with most companies (some companies are one man operations out of an apartment) when returning items.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you reading or just replying, JimmyT: the seller agreed to the refund a long time ago....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts