Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after using the Novel for a few minutes, I put it in standby/sleep mode using the power switch, then I plugged it into the wall for power. I unplugged it later after the light turned from red to green. When I turned on the Novel this morning, the battery gauge was only at 65%! Anyone else notice battery issues? Maybe I should return this unit...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I fully charged mine over nite, did not use it all day, when I went to use it that evening the battery was only 1 bar (orange). Seems these things might be draining the power in the off mode?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a few instances where I put the device into sleep mode (flicked the power switch) and noticed that after a while the screen came on without my interaction with 0% backlight, so unless you are in a dark room you wouldn't notice. Also I wonder if in sleep mode wifi is staying on. Maybe make sure to disable wifi when sleeping it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
st0rmz;22116 said:
I have also seen the phantom screen issue with 0% backlight in sleep mode. Maybe it is a widespread issue.
It is. For some reason, the unit won't stay asleep, but rises to this semi-awake state where the screen is on very low. Naturally, this drains the battery pretty fast, when the unit is left thusly for hours, like over-night. I have found that power-down saves the battery much better than sleep mode. But it is a pain to restart later.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I cant put mine to sleep, power down only. I know it was powered down the nite before as well. Seems if anything, it powered itself on and blasnked the screen?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just last night I thought I'd put mine to sleep, only to pick it up a couple of hours later, on but dim, and really warm, with a nearly-dead battery. I wonder if I should just turn it off when not using it, instead of sleeping it each time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is a similar thread: http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?2497-Novel-randomly-turning-onI have been testing this to trying to find a solution. I think I am getting close. What is strange if I take the PND to work (wifi off no wifi in range) I don't get this semi-wake state. Today the test is running the PDN with the NOLOCK apk which disables the "srceen timeout" of the normal Android system, however if you use the power flick the PDN still goes into sleep mode. So far after about 5 hours it has not returned to the semi-sleep state and battery is good.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
try to keep it pg.I'm not sure what the problem is... could you give some detail on exactly what you have running, what is happening, and what you've tried?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put my partially discharged novel into sleep mode and plugged it into the charger. A couple hours later I noticed the charge light was green. I unplugged and woke it up still in browser mode. The battery indicater still showed a partially discharged battery. Power down, powered up ....bingo the indicator showed fully charged battery.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
that's not uncommon with "smart batteries." They're brilliant, so long as they only have to pay attention to one state at a time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I found my problem, it was the Facebook app. Even though sync was off in system settings and in the fb app, the PDN was waking to that semi-sleep mode. Uninstalled FB app and it sleeps like a baby. I also installed the NOLOCK app so that only the power button flick controls the screen and sleep mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.