Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my A81E from jtshop. The unit is working well and I was able to flash the new firmware (0823) successfully. This is if I'm just using the power adapter on. However if I put on the battery, the touchscreen will not work and the battery won't charge no matter how long I keep the charger on and also the power led is always green. The unit will not boot with the battery. I tried the other battery (they sent me 2) and same things happen. Then I discovered that if I place battery at an angle just so the contact points in the battery touch the contact pins in the unit, the right side of the power led turns to orange and the touchscreen starts working. But if I sit the battery properly the way it should be the above problem returns. Something is wrong with the pins. Maybe something is getting disconnected as I sit the battery the proper way. Anyway, I tried to charge the battery by sitting it at an angle and after a few hours I got it charged and I can actually use the this tablet without the charger but I have to hold the battery at an angle with a hand and I can't put on the battery cover. This proves that the batteries are good.I'm thinking of asking the seller for a replacement since I can not repair this on my own. Has anyone deal with jtshop with this kind of problem? Has anyone an idea I should try before I return this unit?Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my A81E today and have a similar problem. The battery seems not to be charging. I used a multi meter and the pins on the unit are active , but the battery won't charge. I'll have to see if I can get mine to charge the way you did.Update: I tried holding the battery like you did, but it still didn't change from green.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
I'd email JYshop and let them know, havent dealt with them personally, can you feed back their response as would be good to know what they are going to do about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my A81-E today and also seem to have a battery issue.It turned on when I first inserted the battery, and I was able to change some settings and test the browser, plus a game and I noticed that I wasn't getting any sound. I plugged in a set of headphones and it just went off. Wasn't able to turn it back on, plus they sent me a European charger.I went to my car and used the car charger and it came on. Says my battery is at 100%, but everytime I unplug the charger, lights out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just contacted Merimobiles.com (where I got my tablet) and they said in my case that it's a software issue that reports that the battery is at 100% when it really isn't, so the solution is to let it charge for a few hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My other issue is that they sent me the European charger, but I've used the car charger, and yeah, it's staying green.Now the tablet won't even get past the picture of the green plant before it reboots continuously.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It did when I first turned it on, for maybe 15 minutes, but not since then.So now I'm on my second day of not being able to use this tablet at all, and Merimobiles support is somewhat slow to respond.Everything they've suggested so far has failed, even flashing the firmware, which might work if I could at least turn this thing on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bendex;49344 said:
Does your tablet behave normally if you are using just the charger without the battery?
I have had mine since 8/23 from Merimobiles, and without the bat. behaves very STABLE, and with it inside much like my WIFE - need I say more! I am convinced that the bat. contributes 60% of flashing/freezing problems, the balance software. I have asked for a new bat. - only FAIR don't you think after payng $ 245/ ?Any Comments?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,I have the same issue. i contacted JT shop and they said that according to the factory it's the Battery connector, so I needed to use tweezers and adjust it. I tried and pulled those three golden foils (connectors). When I put the battery in an angle, it connects and the unit boots up, but when I pushed the battery down, it goes off. Finally I used a support behind the foils so that they don't go too much back when the battery is pushed and lose the connection. It has helped and I have been able to use the battery now. I realize, for the price of the MID the connectors arrangement look too cheap. I'm sure the manufacturer could have done much better over there.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hi Please give us some credit we responded to your email within the same day, we are doing our very best to find a solution to the problem and this is why we work with forums like slatedroid. In fact you complained that you had to get help and support from a forum, that is why these forum exist right. I notice you posted on another forum and they replied with many suggestion, I guess you did not even bother to try.We are humans just like you, although i can say we do have good knowledge on these devices we still learn everyday new tips and tricks on them. You came off saying that the Witstech is a complete piece of crap and you don't understand why people even bother buying these devices (thanks for insulting a bunch of us). I understand that you are pissed off because you are having an issue. But we are doing our very best to fix the situation, you can even give us a call and we will do some troubleshooting with you. If you are not happy with it we have a return policy and i did send it to you by email. We will keep pushing 100% to find a solution please feel free to contact us, you can also give us a call and ask for Philip Thank you everyone for helping the community grow and finding solutions and to those creating customs firmwares for the devices keep up the good workthanksPhilipMerimobiles[quote name='CASMania;49830]It did when I first turned it on' date=' for maybe 15 minutes, but not since then.So now I'm on my second day of not being able to use this tablet at all, and Merimobiles support is somewhat slow to respond.Everything they've suggested so far has failed, even flashing the firmware, which might work if I could at least turn this thing on.[/QUOTE']

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
The Witstech Device comes either with a USA charger or a European Charger , you live in the UK so you have to get an adapter for it and this is why you got a Witstech European Wall Charger. thanksPhilip[quote name='CASMania;49263]My other issue is that they sent me the European charger' date=' but I've used the car charger, and yeah, it's staying green.Now the tablet won't even get past the picture of the green plant before it reboots continuously.[/QUOTE']

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.