Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I accidentally turned off the backlight using the powermanager widget on my hacked PDN. The screen is black. When I reboot, I see the Pandigital boot screens, but when it gets to the PandaHome screen, everthing is black. How can I turn the backlight back on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try a very dark room. Even at the 0% brightness you can usually see enough to hit the widget button again and set it to something else.Others have posted this as well...luckily I tried the 0% brightness in the middle of the night!

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Last time I did something like this I used a flashlight to see the screen and turn the light back on. Learned real quick not to do that. lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi my name is bebe, chinese.I have clone APAD that looks like IPAD APPLE that runs in Android OS ver 1.7.I accidentally click the "power setting buttons" i think I accidentally click the"light on/off" button. now my apad is now black screen.i tried to turn on then turn on.. but still black screen.Pleeeease help meeeeee!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bebe, the only thing I can suggest is make sure you have a full charge, take it to a dark room, turn it on. You should at least see a boot screen before the Android dims the display. If that doesn't work, perhaps someone else will jump in here with other suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i did just now... maybe there's something wrong with my eyes.. why i cannot see anything after android picture and second android (word) showed up
( sir, my apad/epad have a Android-Pattern-Lock. It usually appears when I open my epad/apad but I cannot unlock it because i cannot see anything. i'm totally messed up.i'm crying for two days because of this helpp.. ;((

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post here. Thanks for the solution!! I had my screen brightness down really low plus the backlight off. Good thing I knew to wipe to the left to bring up that pallette of buttons. What a relief! I thought my Novel was a goner. ;-)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Anyone checked on bebe lately. I'm starting to get a little worried!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you know anyone with the same device? If so, you might be able to get them to go through the startup and see if you can "imitate" their movements on their screen by making the same moves on yours.I guess the other pad owner would need to set up their pattern lock like yours, but they better be very careful not to disable their own access in the process.HTH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts