Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have had faulty USB charging port? I already have 2 units with charging all of a sudden failed. It cannot charge anymore from USB. I think ainol should have continue creating tablets that can both charge with using usb port and power adapter port.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had to send mine in for repair. Same issue. Its been over a month. Just got notice that they are sending it back via Singapore post. Could be a couple of weeks before I see it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
damn.... same issue all of a sudden
Its a known issue now at Ainol and are supposed to be working on it according to Merimobiles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine is ok charging from adaptor, but when I connect to USB laptop or PC, the battery show charging status but the level of battery goes down and down till dropped.
is it ok. or do i have to return it back to the store?

·
Registered
29 Posts
USB is a slower charge. If your using your AX1 while on the USB it may not be keeping up depending on what you are doing. But I'm pretty sure it should charge just as well via USB.

·
Registered
66 Posts
mine is ok charging from adaptor, but when I connect to USB laptop or PC, the battery show charging status but the level of battery goes down and down till dropped.
is it ok. or do i have to return it back to the store?
I think it is a sofware issue. When I connect my Ax1 to pc via USB and see that is not charging, I reboot the tablet, connected to pc, and then it charges quickly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well got mine back about an hour ago. All seems fine right now. Will inform everyone if any changes

·
Registered
10 Posts
My brother owns an AX-1 and was wondering why it didn't charge anymore. Looked at it and it was pretty obvious: when I pulled out the micro-usb plug the whole socket came out with it. Seems to me it was only connected to the mobo with the three copper connector pins, no glue residue/broken clips to be found. I think he bought it at the dinosaur's shop, so sending it in for warranty might take quite some time (if it hasn't been a year yet). Does anybody have any experience in opening this tablet up (and putting it back together in a fashion that it would function afterwards)?

regards, pep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts