Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got one! Picked it up at the Kmart in Carson, CA (500 Carson Town Center) -- looked like there were a couple left, but I know that they have to call all the raincheck people like they did me... GOOD LUCK!BTW-- I was totally surprised by how small these things are... I mean, I knew that it had a 7" screen, but I really hadn't given it much thought how very little that is. So far, I'm ok with my purchase, but I'm still wishing it were more iPad-ish... BTW, the performance is just OK, but I'm having problems actually downloading from the app store.

·
Registered
567 Posts
cutterjohn;24310]No. They will have a problem as it said:
Yep, they're liars for sure now.Go here and read the comments, someone installed setCPUhttp://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/27/augen-gentouch-android-tablet-pics/MIN 36MHzMAX 600MHzwhoops... somebody's in trouble now...[EDIT]It gets worse, read what I quoted from the comment:
I managed to get SetCPU installed and it shows Telechips TCC89/91/92xx Demo Board Revision 0000 Serial Number 000000000000000The min freq is 36 Mhz (it runs at that quite a bit). The max is 600mhz.The Kernel was built by Kevin on Sun Jul 25 15:04:19 HKT 2010 (Seems strange to me there...)
They JUST built the freaking kernel on Sunday?! Somehow I'm losing confidence here... although to be fair they're probably a small company so late sw builds are ok, but getting hw specs wrong?! Come on WTF?! That's a pretty basic thing that they should REALLY know...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.